So I just got my pandora

Elanzer

I'm surprised that there's nothing wrong with it. Absolutely nothing - no missing screws, no messed up shoulder buttons, no gritty buttons or anything. Even the stylus came out without too much effort. The unit is literally perfect, and I love it.

I picked it up from the post office on my lunch break, with my coworkers (work at a computer repair shop) gathering around for the unboxing I was afraid that there would be something embarrassing out of the box that wouldn't be right. Judging by the reviews on the forum here, it almost seemed like every Pandora that goes out atleast has some minor issue with it, now I'm thinking it's something akin to newegg reviews where mostly people who have problematic units speak out and there's many happy users who say nothing.

There was nothing but praise and swooning over the Pandora, especially when I had an SD card loaded with some PNDs and roms ahead of time and fired up some mario 64 and FF7 to show them (after ocing to 800mhz ofcourse, just to make it that much more presentable for those 2 games). A customer stopped by who happened to love netbooks and linux, I handed him the Pandora and told him to take a look at it. It drove him mad since he's never seen anything like it, even more so when I told him "up to 15 hours battery life".

So far, it's way better than what I expected it to be. It's beautiful and I'm so happy right now. It was definitely worth the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my unit outside of the left bumper is a little stiff it's perfect.. buttons are all functional, no wifi issues, bluetooth works great,Sound is good and no apparent screen ghosting.. I feel lucky..

It does everything I expect it to, Since I've dealt with arm based devices and Linux before I knew what I was getting into.

Man, it seems everyone has their Pandora now, when I get mine there will be no reason to even mention it. I do plan to make a video review and have it as the first video I ever post on youtube though.

It is awesome to hear that your's has no flaws, maybe the assembly group is getting better at catching things now.

If it makes you feel better I'm still waiting for my other one...

I love hearing from all these new Pandora owners, finally.

makes you wonna do some coding/porting finally, doesnt it torpor?

Me too! Waiting for Two Months™ now, possibly another Two Months™ to go. (2nd batcher)

I just don't know how all these guys kept waiting for 2 years... It is INSAAAANE!

$499 plus VAT and shipping

My last *car* didn't cost me that and it's on its second MOT 35,000 miles - and 140mph on the autobahn - later (had a cracked windscreen washer bottle the last MOT). I could get two netbooks for that, and still have enough change for a Wii with controllers, or a 3DS.

I've really lost track of why anybody is fascinated with this device any more.

My last *car* didn't cost me that and it's on its second MOT 35,000 miles - and 140mph on the autobahn - later (had a cracked windscreen washer bottle the last MOT). I could get two netbooks for that, and still have enough change for a Wii with controllers, or a 3DS.

Your last car cost you less than 367€?!

Could you please tell me where you get those? My last used car has cost me $949 and just because I knew the person who selled it.

A 3DS is going to be $250 upon release. What kind of netbooks can you get for $125?

I got my pandora last friday. It has two cracks in the case, one on the top of the left SD card slot, and the other between the left nub and d-pad. Was very pissed off about that but considering the actual device is seemingly working fine I've not bothered getting it returned. Starting to wonder if I made the right choice though!

Well, a car isn't a computer that fits in my pocket. To fill it's battery for the day it doesn't cost $50 either. The Pandora is something I will use for a few years at the very least, and it's cost (if going the premium route, a chunk more than the $330 I paid 2.5 years ago) is still only some off a single paycheque, in which I get like 25 of them per year so nothing in the big picture.

@ManlyStump

I am sure if you got in touch with your distributor they will be ok with an RMA, cracks in the case should be covered.

A 3DS is going to be $250 upon release. What kind of netbooks can you get for $125?

I got my pandora last friday. It has two cracks in the case, one on the top of the left SD card slot, and the other between the left nub and d-pad. Was very pissed off about that but considering the actual device is seemingly working fine I've not bothered getting it returned. Starting to wonder if I made the right choice though!

Can you take a photo of this and post it? I've never seen the Pandora crack there before.

Back