So What''ll You Be Doing For The Next 4-8 Weeks? As Of March 8

gaming? which console group will you be playing the most?

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

• PS2 / GameCube / Xbox / Dreamcast / other previous-gen console

• PSP / DS

• GBA / other previous-gen portable

• GP2X / GP32

• Total voters

'Hotcooler' said:
Better play IL-2 or Lock On they are at least need Joystick.. hawx is really meh...

I don't care about accuracy or propeller drift or hi res texture packs or 300 dollar flight yokes. i care about fun, simple arcade gameplay

Last edited by a moderator:
'PoisonedV' said:
'Hotcooler' said:
Better play IL-2 or Lock On they are at least need Joystick.. hawx is really meh...

I don't care about accuracy or propeller drift or hi res texture packs or 300 dollar flight yokes. i care about fun, simple arcade gameplay

Afterburn Climax, any one?

That is an AWESOME arcade game. It really makes you feel like you are flying at 1000mph.

'christo930'/' said:
'gp32rich' said:
I'm going retro ...

PS2: Burnouts 2-4, Driver PL, RE4

PC: I want to go through HL2 one more time. Trying to get into Bioshock too, but ... meh.
PS2 Is retro? Man, I wonder what PS1 is? What about Nintendo or even atari or colecovision or a c64 or Atari 8-bit? Or the 16 biy home computers? I would think that retro right now in this day and age is pre 32 bit systems, from the atari/fairchild era to the demise of the 16 bit consoles and machines and pre-windows 95 for the PC.

ChrisWell.... 8 bits are retro, 16bits are ... retro. 32bits, being not current tech are .. hmm.. /retro/

Initially it was a piss-take of the kids thinking that ps3/360/wii just appeared, but dammit! PS2 *is* retro :(

'gp32rich' said:
'christo930'/' said:
'gp32rich' said:
I'm going retro ...

PS2: Burnouts 2-4, Driver PL, RE4

PC: I want to go through HL2 one more time. Trying to get into Bioshock too, but ... meh.
PS2 Is retro? Man, I wonder what PS1 is? What about Nintendo or even atari or colecovision or a c64 or Atari 8-bit? Or the 16 biy home computers? I would think that retro right now in this day and age is pre 32 bit systems, from the atari/fairchild era to the demise of the 16 bit consoles and machines and pre-windows 95 for the PC.

ChrisWell.... 8 bits are retro, 16bits are ... retro. 32bits, being not current tech are .. hmm.. /retro/

Initially it was a piss-take of the kids thinking that ps3/360/wii just appeared, but dammit! PS2 *is* retro :(

There are certain games for the modern systems that are retro, but to call a ps2 retro just because they don't make them anymore is silly. That is like calling a 2007 car a classic, because they aren't made anymore. If GM fails, will all there cars suddenly become retro? To me, retro games are 2d games from the 16bit era, while classic would be single or multi-screen games with simple graphics and fast easy to learn gameplay. That would include games like pac-man, donkey kong, galaga, galaxian... What you would call games like scramble I don't know. Classic shooters:)? Anyway, no way a modern console can be called retro (unless you are playing retro games on it). Kids, what do they know (besides everything)?

Chris

'Username' said:
Can't wait for the Pitt. Also want to play Chinatown Wars, seemed decent.
Did you try the game at NYCC 09? I was there and my impression of GTA CW was indifferent. It's basically like GTA 1 or 2, but with better character animation.

(naw)mcx said:
And I'm thinking of getting some Far Cry 2, I played it for a little, it was a bit dull. I guess it gets better?

How far did you get? I've only finished the training and a couple missions. I like it so far, although I guess it could eventually get repetitive. Depends on your taste in gaming; I liked GTA4, which follows a similar mechanic.

damn , just played the first few missions and was highly disappointed.
Far cry being a kickass franchise.
Crysis Putting the Bar WAY up.
And Ubisoft kinda lowered it big time.
Its alot of great ideas for sure... i was looking at all the trailers and was really exited.
But its like they badly implemented all of it.
It lacks the pace of the first one
And the aiming is horrible.
Then tried it and now its just sitting on my desktop...

Seriously ... Play Crysis and if you want more get Warhead.

I updated my list. The Pitt only isn't going to give me enough fun:

This is what Im going to play now:

-Halo Wars (maybe, dont think its much fun without live)
-Mass Effect (If I can find that one)
-Far Cry 2

I will pirate Mass Effect if I cant find it in a shop (Im not going to order a game online just to make Microsoft get more money, and then this will be my first pirated game on the box.)

And no Im not going to buy Live. A modded xbox (Im not going to unmod it until Microsoft is going to make a better disc driver , not damaging my disks) has a higher chance to get banned.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
damn , just played the first few missions and was highly disappointed.
Far cry being a kickass franchise.
Crysis Putting the Bar WAY up.
And Ubisoft kinda lowered it big time.
Its alot of great ideas for sure... i was looking at all the trailers and was really exited.
But its like they badly implemented all of it.
It lacks the pace of the first one
And the aiming is horrible.
Then tried it and now its just sitting on my desktop...

Seriously ... Play Crysis and if you want more get Warhead.
I ADORE Warhead.

I love it. So great.

Crysis is next on my list of games to play, and it was the main reason I've been upgrading my PC for the last 4 months. The big problem I have is that I can't find it in stores anymore, I have yet to check for it on Steam though.

i played crysis for the first time yesterday.
it was horrible, not because of high requirements or dx10 or anything, but just because it was really shitty

Crysis was filled with tactical fun.
Warhead was crazy because you controlled Sycho
Gotta love running around in the jungle on maximum speed and switching to maximum strenght to jump high up in the air and then punching commies in the face.
Makes you feel like a damn predator , running around and flanking em from all sides!

HERE A GREAT GAME TO PLAY:
Alien Vs Predator 2 on the pc, one of the greatest game of all time.
Get to play form all sides , Human , predator and aliens.

Back