Soft Top, Hard Shoulder

Soulkiller

via http://openpandora.org/blog.php

Craig said:
Right, this photo might excite you:

mk2-15boards.jpg

We also hope to have all the banking problems sorted out this week. Very frustrating situation. Hope the 256MB of RAM and 512MB of NAND makes up for it!

We are looking for a few more people to get prerelease Pandora consoles who want to work on applications or the kernel. You should be able and willing to devote a lot of time to it, do not apply if you don't have the time to work on it before Christmas.
In case some of you don't check the blog and for quoting purposes ;)

and finally to tie up lose ends, here's the thread where you can request a prerelease Pandora as craig stated in the blog post
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45218

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora blog really ought to have the date and time articles are posted, like every other blog in the world does.

"EvilDragon said:
Ich bekomme in den nächsten Tagen das MK2 Board (also das finale Board).
Die Gehäuse sind auch in Arbeit

R.T.
I'll get the MK2(the final board) in the next days. The cases are being worked on.
Nothing really new, just for the record. :)

I've asked him yesterday about the delay mentioned in the re-fund mail and he said:
"EvilDragon said:
Naja, Ende November / Anfang Dezember.
Wenn die Geräte Ende November (z.B. 30.) hier eintreffen, kann es ein paar Tage dauern, bis ich alle ausgeliefert habe

R.T.
Well, end november / early december. When the devices arrive end of november(e.g. 30.), it may take some days, until I've delivered all of them.
Well, that's nothing new really, but it helps to turn the focus on the actual status, aside from the re-fund stress :)

English is not my native tongue but normally I get most. However now I am clueless about the title of the blog. Is this some sort of social reference or .. what does it mean?

Bosbeetle said:
English is not my native tongue but normally I get most. However now I am clueless about the title of the blog. Is this some sort of social reference or .. what does it mean?
Heh, good question. I'm not sure either but it seems like something you might see on a road sign. Google tells me it's also the name of a British road movie, and a Chris Rea song (lol). I guess you'd have to be from England to fully understand the reference. Another cryptically poetic Craigism.

finisterre said:
The Pandora blog really ought to have the date and time articles are posted, like every other blog in the world does.
Nah. It would remind us how long the gap has been between updates.

;)

Bosbeetle said:
Don't know but found the lyrics of the song... amusing

Soft top, hard shoulder
See me running down that line
I cant stop too much older now
Let it run in overtime
Run till it breaks up
Overheats and explodes

Pick up whats left of me
Leave the rest of it way down that road

Soft top, hard shoulder

Soft top, hard shoulder
Step in to the flame
Blue centre, so much colder
Wont be the same again

Im gonna run till it breaks up
Overheats and explodes

Pick up whats left of me
Leave the rest of it way down that road
Soft top, hard shoulder

JS

Gruso said:
Bosbeetle said:
Heh, good question. I'm not sure either but it seems like something you might see on a road sign. Google tells me it's also the name of a British road movie, and a Chris Rea song (lol). I guess you'd have to be from England to fully understand the reference. Another cryptically poetic Craigism.

I assumed it was Chris Rea's song; Soft Top, Hard Shoulder. My favourite artist for a bit of useless trivia =P.

j.pickens said:
Good thing they're taking ESD damage seriously...
tabletop.jpg
I kind of wondered about that myself, but then again I've seen and heard of far worse. I think my favorite was the tech who was rubbing RAM on the carpet, "because it was dusty."

mechanizeddeath said:
I think my favorite was the tech who was rubbing RAM on the carpet, "because it was dusty."
ROTFL! I hadn't heard that story before - Classic! :D

My question is - does this mean the wi-fi antenna issues are now dealt with? (I posted the question somewhere else - but I can' t find it - sorry!)

Zarneth said:
j.pickens said:
Good thing they're taking ESD damage seriously...
tabletop.jpg

ESD is overrated.

And there was me thinking it was electricity :rolleyes:

Seriously though, ESD is something that generally comes and bites you in the ass many many months after shipping the parts to the customer. Degradation in performance over time is the usual result.

It'd be good if we could see the other side... it almost looks as if the keyboard's been added (look at the distance between the stacked boards)

Also, what are those things just the the top of the photo?

mazza558 said:
It'd be good if we could see the other side... it almost looks as if the keyboard's been added (look at the distance between the stacked boards)

Also, what are those things just the the top of the photo?
I think that are the break out boards at the top. The keyboard is a rubber mat plus keys, I think they are still in manufacturing.

Back