[SOLVED] Can't open from SD/USB or run PNDs

theehman

Still Fresh
Lately I've been having problems with opening movie or music files directly from the SD card/USB drive. Using Thunar File Manager I can navigate to the SD card or USB drive and see the top level of directories and files but I can't use touchscreen to select any of them. If I navigate to it using the nub I still can't open it. I was going to do the Hotfix6 update but while I can see it on the card I can't get it to execute. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Do you have Thunar set to display files in list mode? There is a ridiculous bug that prevents navigation in this view. Switching to icon view gets around it.
Yeah about that bug, is someone working on it? If not, would it not be wise to change to a different file manager for the official image?

Do you have Thunar set to display files in list mode? There is a ridiculous bug that prevents navigation in this view. Switching to icon view gets around it.
Yeah about that bug, is someone working on it? If not, would it not be wise to change to a different file manager for the official image?

That bug is a GTK bug and is fixed with more recent versions, which means: With Yars Revenge.

With icon mode I can open and select files. Thanks for your help with that.

Still can't get the HF6-Updater.pnd to run.

No ideas why the hf6 pnd won't run?
Just one: Go into your /pandora/appdata directory - if you ran it and had problems before, it's probably left an entry there that's preventing you from trying again.

well I dont know what you are actually doing on the pandora as I cannot see, but you cannot just go to the PND directory and double click on the PND to run it, but if the hotfix6 PND is located in the correct DIR on your SD card i.e. SDCARD/pandora/desktop or SDCARD/pandora/memu etc and you go to the menu or the desktop and run it from there where the aopplication should appear if in the right directory it should work.

another place you can check for errors is i the root of your system in the temp folder should be some .log files for any PNDs that have failed this might give us an insight into the reason the PND isnt working if you have done everything correctly that is.

well I dont know what you are actually doing on the pandora as I cannot see, but you cannot just go to the PND directory and double click on the PND to run it, but if the hotfix6 PND is located in the correct DIR on your SD card i.e. SDCARD/pandora/desktop or SDCARD/pandora/memu etc and you go to the menu or the desktop and run it from there where the aopplication should appear if in the right directory it should work.

That was the problem. I was trying to double-click and run. I moved it to the Menu directory, ran it from the menu, and now it's updating. Thanks for the help!!

Back