Some Questions About Emulation On Psp (slim)

Dead Ghost

Still Fresh
The first, and most important for me, is GBA emulation. I've googled but didn't find any new, updated compatibility lists. But i heard is very good. My question: HOW good? Are there ANY games (EU/US), particularly any good/great/classic ones, that are not fully working (and i mean 100% working, not 99.9% working )?
Also, if you set the game to full screen, but with aspect ratio on (with left and right black bars), how does it look, compared to a GBA SP with brigher screen? It's the same size, or is the psp bigger (with same aspect ratio, but upscaled to psp screen)? Which one looks better? Any reason to get a GBA SP with brighter screen, if i have a psp (i plan to buy one)?

PSX: With Sony's pops (or other, which is best), do you have 100% compatibility? If not, what good/great/classic games don't work (as in 100% fully playable, not 99%)? Some examples please...(not all of them, lol)

SNES: I know it's not 100% compatibility, then what good/great/classic games don't work? Some examples here, too...

And no, i don't want a gp2x, i'm waiting for the new one. :)

dont bother with a psp, wait for till next spring nd get the craiginator

till then just get an sp or micro and a supercard (or equivalent)

just my opinion

I think pretty much almost every good GBA game runs perfect or near. I'd test some games for you if you'd like but I'm kinda busy with some work right now. On the GBA emulator if you choose the fullscreen mode it will fill up the entire PSP screen and it will look pretty good (think the GBA resolution but twice as big, just a little stretched but you won't notice anything). If you want the games to look better then set the resolution the same as the GBA's and it'll look really really crisp but very small (but aside from the ghosting, will look better than the SP's screen I think, I don't know about the Micro). Still, if you use aspect ratio full screen, it'll be bigger than the SP's screen. Even if GBA emulation isn't perfect (I dunno if it is or not but just saying), I predict it won't take very long to perfect it.

I haven't run into any major problems with most of the SNES games I've tried but for alot of the games I've played, emulation isn't totally perfect (like a few minor graphics/sound problems here and there) but very playable. The only games that I've had problems playing were Super Mario Kart and Super Mario RPG (runs a little slow but the graphics are fine). The battles in Super Mario RPG run good but everything else is kinda slow. I haven't played many PSX games on the PSP. The games I've tested are Mega Man X4-X6 and Spider-Man (runs perfect). I've also read that FFVII is perfect as well, if you like that.

PicoDrive, a Genesis emu, has also been ported to the PSP recently and it's running alot of great games at full speed. Not only is it a Genesis emu but on the PSP it emulates Sega CD games (I've heard that Sonic CD runs at full speed too). I've tried some games such as Sonic 1-3, Aladdin, and Comix Zone and they run great. Two other excellent (arcade) emulators I'd recommend are CPS2PSP and MVSPSP that will run many CPS2 and Neo-Geo games at full speed.

Back