Someone Kill Me Now

PoisonedV said:
5000 dollars. in cash. poisonedthree@gmail.com is my paypal, but id prefer to use escrow.

ps: two months is not a joke. it was never a joke. stop acting like that

Completely off topic, but I looked at your profile just now. You cannot post in General talk[Pandora] anymore, or you'll mess up your post count. ;P

poisonedv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PoisonedV said:
5000 dollars. in cash. poisonedthree@gmail.com is my paypal, but id prefer to use escrow.

5K's for what?

Jourdy288 said:
PoisonedV said:

5K's for what?
To take the OP of this thread. He asked to be killed, right?

5K? I'll do it for free as long as I get some spare parts out of the bargain. You know, you can never have too many spare kidneys, maybe a liver... And I sure do like drinking alot. How long can they keep organs on ice anyway? :unsure: And just out of curiousity, what blood type are you guy? :wacko:

The only way I can explain this ridiculous delay from the mould company is with the famous saying, "you get what you pay for". The OP team said it cost $100000 to go with a Chinese company and it would of cost at least a million in America. This kinda of applies for alot of other things to like the SD card topics that occur often. The reason we are extremely fustrated is because we paid good money for a quality device but we need to realise that Craig and the team didn't have good money to pay for quality service. I don't doubt that this company knows how to make quality moulds but I guess there a bit unorganised or something since it really shows. I

Shaun. said:
The only way I can explain this ridiculous delay from the mould company is with the famous saying, "you get what you pay for". The OP team said it cost $100000 to go with a Chinese company and it would of cost at least a million in America. This kinda of applies for alot of other things to like the SD card topics that occur often. The reason we are extremely fustrated is because we paid good money for a quality device but we need to realise that Craig and the team didn't have good money to pay for quality service. I don't doubt that this company knows how to make quality moulds but I guess there a bit unorganised or something since it really shows. I
Not sure how true this could be, but I'm guessing in the grand scheme of things for the mould company that this may not be their biggest or most important client. So yes they need to get it done, but not at the expense of other clients, i.e. they'll bump it down a notch when necessary.
But then this could just be how long it takes to do, and it would be the same for any company. How long does big companies have to R&D case designs, how long does mould companies take to go from those to final production moulds.
In the end all we can do is hope this is the week.... :)

jb0yx said:
the pandora is a lie
the pandora is a lie
the pandora is a lie
the pandora is a lie

Don't be like that, I'm sure we'll all be happily singing "This was a triumph..." (still alive) in a while :)

B-ZaR said:
Don't be like that, I'm sure we'll all be happily singing "This was a triumph..." (still alive) in a while :)

i want to believe... i really do

Gruso said:
"this project is a joke, it's always two months." They don't realise it's just a dumb forum joke,
... Of course, there have been multiple times when the estimated delivery date was more than one month and less than three months from the time the estimate has been made.

In fact, I would say that the majority of the estimates have fallen into that range. Including the current one (Christmas!) and the one that was current exactly one year ago (Christmas!).

If it's a forum joke, then Craigix is taking it far too seriously.

P.S. Sorry if rounding to the nearest whole number of months gets on your nerves. Next time someone asks about Pandora we could say "Between 45 and 75 days! Lol! ;)" if that would make you feel better.

VRAndy said:
In fact, I would say that the majority of the estimates have fallen into that range. Including the current one (Christmas!) and the one that was current exactly one year ago (Christmas!).
The current estimate isn't Christmas, it's November, ie sometimes in the next 3 weeks.

keaft said:
One to Three months[sup]TM[/sup]
The current estimate is 3 weeks. No matter how you count them, 3 weeks is always less than one month. Unless "one month" means "sometime this month" and not "minimum 30 days (28 in February (29 in a leap year))"

WizardStan said:
VRAndy said:
The current estimate isn't Christmas, it's November, ie sometimes in the next 3 weeks.

Then
We are doing everything we can to make sure that [Delivery slips past Christmas '08] doesn't happen."

Now
"All units being shipped in time for Christmas ['09] is the goal. "

Christmas is a month and twenty-one days from Craigix's post. You cannot criticize people for rounding that to two months.

VRAndy said:
Christmas is a month and twenty-one days from Craigix's post. You cannot criticize people for rounding that to two months.
Wait, are we counting "shipped" as the first real units shipped, the first really real units shipped, or the last unit shipped? Because I thought we were counting from either the first real or really real unit, which should be pretty close together anyway. If you were counting the last unit, then of course our numbers are going to be way different.

Well, I'll admit that there's a little gray area there. But if the 100 burn-in tests aren't going to pre-order customers, then I don't see how we can count them. We don't count the previous dev units.

VRAndy said:
Well, I'll admit that there's a little gray area there. But if the 100 burn-in tests aren't going to pre-order customers, then I don't see how we can count them. We don't count the previous dev units.
They don't get counted because there not with production parts.

Personally, I would count 'shipped' as when the first final units to go to customers. Since that means that they have finished everything else and are just assembling and shipping. So, not the 105 burn-in units.

Ok, so we don't have a recent estimate for that, specifically. Until we do, I feel no shame in pointing to the Christmas one as the current estimate.

O come all ye faithful:

Well,

I found out about OP after my brother bought his GP2X. I have been following (a bit) these forums (actually these and the older forums, older OP website etc.)for more than a year. I was cautious on hopping onto the bandwagon last year. It seemed too good to be true (it was, then). I remember the hullabaloo over payments/refunds, bank issues etc. I stayed as an unregistered forum observer/spy/lurker, hoping, hoping, that one day this dream will come true. This year, to save me from tears, (why am I quoting Wham?) I read and read and then read some more. It seemed that finally the dream could happen. I read some more. I subscribed to the one-time announcement mailing list. I got an email. I registered. I ordered. I paid. My order was confirmed. I am now living in the dream myself but I need to wake up because the dream is taking too long and I need it to end. The end is near. There will be a new beginning. I will one day have my own Pandy. Don't somebody even dare mention a refund. I accept failure. I can't accept a refund unless accompanied by whatever components are ready. I'll put them in a case myself. I'll buy a milling machine and mill out my own aluminum Pandy box. I'll assemble my own Pandora. I don't care. This gadget must/will be mine. I can't believe that there are still people out there with the same spirit that Steve and Wozniac had when they started building their own Apples in that garage. This team is one of them. They are doing what only an elite few in the world have ever done. Everyone please stop complaining. Especially you, who can only order and grumble. Start doing something. Learn what Linux is. Do some development on an x86 box for now. Then re-compile when the Pandora comes along so we'll have more software to run. STFU and learn to be patient. We might be witnessing history here. I wish these people a billion bucks of sold Pandies. They deserve to make it. They are working against worst odds today then yesteryear because today any big commercial giant can steal the idea, patent it and make it a commercial success, destroying anyone's spirit because they have the resources. This team is going to do what could normally be done only by big multi-nationals with big budgets. We have only contributed with our meager payment. I am jealous I don't have the knowledge they have to produce something this beautiful because I would have contributed more. But I paid. Even the dev fund. Have you done the same? The developers deserve help too. They are working round the clock for you and your miserly financial contribution to make a dream happen. They are doing it for free. The dev fund is not obligatory but it helps. So, please bear with the team, and, once again WAIT! It will come.

Amen.

Edit: Hey! Sorry for the long post. I got caught up in the moment and thought I had become a preacher or something :p

Back