Someone's Dissing The Gp2x!!!!

thebooboo

Still Fresh
Website
www.timsrecordlabel.com
As this post has gathered more replies than I anticipated since I tried to delete it. Here is the essence of what I originally said:

My boss, Tim, has written an article critical of the GP2X scene in his website articles section, at www.timsrecordlabel.com.

Because of this I'm starting my own website so I don't have to operate under his banner. My new website is under construction but you can view it at www.thebooboo.com

Not all that bad, is it? :p
You've written this, right? Atleast, I saw mention of a shmup project and know you made one too. :)

Tim wrote Survival Shmup, which is rubbish. I did the similar but far superior Level Shmup.

Tim is only good for HTML skullduggery and making oven chips. I'm the flippin' brains behind the operation

lol wtf? Seems that you have some personal issues with the guy. I actually found the article pretty well written and some of it is true. I wouldn't agree with the opinion of the author but I don't think this can be considered dissing, or badmouthing. Maybe you should work on your little personal conflict with that tim without trying to involve the scene?

thebooboo posted on Jul 6 2006 at 03:00 PM said:
Tim wrote Survival Shmup, which is rubbish. I did the similar but far superior Level Shmup.

Tim is only good for HTML skullduggery and making oven chips. I'm the flippin' brains behind the operation

Ah, I see :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim? That guy slept with my girlfriend. You try reconciling issues with someone who does that to you. Here are some of the other things Tim does:

Takes a fresh cucumber to bed every night. Why? I don't know. He's weird.
Became obsessed with the female singer in his band and started making her sing love songs about herself.
Has humous on everything. Breakfast cereal? Not complete for Tim without a bit of Humous
Insists on deliberately writing programs that don't work, then gives them to me to find the bugs just to MESS WITH MY MIND

Hmmmzzzz, this is a kinda weird topic :lol: , it has it all, love, hate, sex, cucumbers :blink: ... LOL files would be a good place, in the meantime, I'll congratulate you for the great friendship that you both share <_<

thebooboo posted on Jul 6 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
Tim? That guy slept with my girlfriend. You try reconciling issues with someone who does that to you. Here are some of the other things Tim does:

Takes a fresh cucumber to bed every night. Why? I don't know. He's weird.

Oh please... do you think we cann't imagine why? :lol:

thebooboo posted on Jul 6 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
Became obsessed with the female singer in his band and started making her sing love songs about herself.
Has humous on everything. Breakfast cereal? Not complete for Tim without a bit of Humous
Insists on deliberately writing programs that don't work, then gives them to me to find the bugs just to MESS WITH MY MIND

And as I see it he succeeded.

Are you Yuk Yuk or Garble? :)
http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/index.php
(an excellent link what was posted in latest flame thread)

Magnulus posted on Jul 6 2006 at 03:40 PM said:
I thought I had seen some useless threads before, but this takes the cake.
Why does this forum have so many personal vendettas going?

This is for real or it's just some kind of a weird joke? :blink:

Yes, this is a really weird topic. Frankly I thought the whole thing was some elaborate joke, complete with fake websites, etc. But it is in fact, real. And regarding the GP review, which is also real, I think you will find the essence of his negative review in two parts.

First, read this concluding quote fro the review:
"I want a return to the olden days, when you could make a hit video game for a cheap, popular machine in your bedroom."

Now, look at his collection of - what? You guessesd it, *Homebew Games You Could Make In Your Bedroom!*
http://secure.dnsuk.co.uk/~trlmscom/games.php

Hmmm... coincidence?! I think not. "Frustrated game programmer + Collection of poor, unsalable homemade games = Bad review of potential platform for said poor games"

Mystery solved. Or, as Dan the Crimebustin' Frog would say, "I'll just continue as always."
http://www.thebooboo.com/dtftrlcomic/comics10.php

Pretty weird shit, this.

X-Code posted on Jul 6 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
I thought he was going to have a midnight snack :blink: :lol:

Me too. I mean, if he wanted to sex the cucumber up, why'd he need a fresh one EVERY night? I mean, my cucumbers last me FAR longer than- uh... Monster behind you! *runs*

Why'd you have to go and edit the original post? Now this thread makes no sense.

Back