SONY PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Yeah, the lack of BC was why I parted with all the games too. Was planning on keeping a couple of them until I read about that.

Will be playing the Wii U more for a bit, and Pandora of course, then treat myself to the PS4 in the new year when have the funds for it.

Mine was the old 40GB FAT model anyway, not the sought after F/W though, so thought I'd get shot of it.

Be nice to get the new PS4 but no real hurry for me, just when I can, and then it's some Watchdogs for me

Crappy stuff.

+1 for PC gaming
I think the lack of BC had to do with Sony & MS master plan for download only business models, and since that great idea has went belly up, their both left with 2 consoles that will take years to reach a proper library of titles.

I've got a ton of games for the past gen consoles, so there is no reason currently for me to even look at the PS4 or ONE, as they are a long way from decent titles and proper pricing for me to make the plunge. Maybe when the first price drop comes along, I'll get my feet wet, but more than likely I'll be waiting for the second price drop at the earliest.

PC is for sure the much better choice currently.

Chris

No doubt.

Suspect the lack of MP3 support on the PS4, and I think also lack of ability to playback AVI from USB sticks ....is part of the plan to get you using their [paid?] streaming services for music and films.

I never once used that music stream program that was part of the PS3, used to watch films from USB on it, but that prior to me streaming from my computer to telly, and my telly can playback from USB itself now anyway.

Not features I will personally miss, but still think is a bit lame of them to drop them

Suspect the lack of MP3 support on the PS4, and I think also lack of ability to playback AVI from USB sticks ....is part of the plan to get you using their [paid?] streaming services for music and films.
Heavy stuff. Hopefully this try to get total control over digital media will create a huge backlash, but I doubt it.

mp3 and .avi/.mkv are too free/open for their plans (yeah I know, .ogg/.flac too, but be honest, it's just common for nerds),

but they will not go, especcially since Linux + Linuxgaming is growing and using the PC as a media center never has been as easy as now.

Freedom and openness will win/should and that's where my money is going.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got your PS4, Sony?

Nice :)

Need to update your mail sig to that effect eh

I'll be getting one in the new year I reckon, hopefully in a sale.

Sold the PS3 and all its games/accessories so have a space under the telly for it already
Will do, mate...I'll also try to lose 20kg of weight, and have a hair cut + color my hair Pandora black.

7ufu9hch.jpg

Why lose the weight, your fav bra not fitting anymore? [that old picture, will that scar ever leave my retina - I doubt it] :)

If your hair was dyed Pandora black, it would be same as mine. I need to get the clippers out and shave the head too but just not got round to doing so, should've done it about 2 months ago

I like your gaming chair too, looks well comfy.

PS4 gettting equal love as the Shield? What games you got already, and is there anything new/good on the menus or in the PSN Store ... over that whats available on the PS3?

Surely the hair should be blue one side fading into white on the other, to be contemporary? maybe with a black cube on the back. Send them a picture, get free stuff.

Love that Australian household with authentic 1970's style fire. Looks like my Mum and Dad's place circa 1974 (UK).

Its not totally confirmed but digital EA games are priced at 63 british pounds for the ps4. If thats true Its absurd. I would not buy their games at such a price.

Yeah, digital prices are ridiculous all round. The disc has a bright future if they keep that up.

Maybe they just don't want to upset the big retailers... just yet.

Who said piracy is a main reason to keep up high prices of retail CD/DVD Games? Digital distribution shows that this is a bulls**t. Producing costs of DVD in CINRAM factory in uk is 0,20-0,45 pence per DVD/BlueRay [it depends how much paint is used on print DVD page ]. The game costs 20 - 50.. isnt it madness? 

DRM, unskippable trailers and the producers greed (not developers) are the main reasons for piracy. ;)

PS: One of my Diablo2-CDs just cracked without much force just by taking it out of the case,

I'm lucky that it is one of the datadiscs without DRM and I got a backup.

Well, all those PS4/XBone thingies reinforce my conviction that I don't need gaming consoles, just a good and evolutive gaming computer with good joypads…

PS: One of my Diablo2-CDs just cracked without much force just by taking it out of the case, I'm lucky that it is one of the datadiscs without DRM and I got a backup.
Long ago, one of my Neverwinter Nights CD exploded in the cd drive of a friend, we had to open it to completely remove the disc parts.I finally bought the diamond edition on GoG, but keep my original copy with a burned CD :p

Well, all those PS4/XBone thingies reinforce my conviction that I don't need gaming consoles, just a good and evolutive gaming computer with good joypads…

PS: One of my Diablo2-CDs just cracked without much force just by taking it out of the case, I'm lucky that it is one of the datadiscs without DRM and I got a backup.
Long ago, one of my Neverwinter Nights CD exploded in the cd drive of a friend, we had to open it to completely remove the disc parts.
I finally bought the diamond edition on GoG, but keep my original copy with a burned CD :p
I've heard of CD's shattering in the drive if the RPM's are high enough, but I've never had it happen personally. WOW, that's way crazy.

Chris

It used to be a real fear with Laserdiscs, they had some weight to them so it could be spectacular if they came apart.

Never had it happen with a DVD/CD, but the way some cases refuse to let go of the disc without a struggle probably leads to fatigue fracturing that eventually splits apart at speed.

Back