SONY PlayStation Portable (PSP)

good review! i don't know if you've ever read Trainspotting, but that was like reading the Australian version of that!

Anyone have one or know about them?

I looked around and not seeing much talk about them besides the usual mocking and cursing of no Wi-Fi.

I know they not comparable to the 3000 or the Go.. but for the youngsters it's aimed at I wondered a few things:

can you hack it same way as the other PSP, namely with pro-B CFW so long as the OFW is compatible eg 6.20 ...or is that a no go on these models?

no Wi-Fi yet there's a Wi-Fi LED indicator on the top it seems, why?

can you access the PSN somehow, the XMB only shows settings, extra, photo, video, games.... no network, as on other models. Concerned this model is _only for UMDs?

Cheers

1. Yep custom firmware can be installed.

2. The LEDs on the top are for Power/MS activity respectively.

3. You need to use Sony's media go software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Sony and sorry for not locating this not-that-old thread, I did know there was a general PSP one.. doh!

Strigoi thanks, that's perfect info and good to hear

Another PSP query please...

I can see the benefit of running OFW 6.20 / 6.35 / 6.39 / 6.60...

...You an then run the CFW Pro-B10 which offers goodness like emulation.

If I had a PSP currently running OFW 3.71 [which I imagine is pretty dated now]...

...Is there any reason to _not_ upgrade to OFW 6.20 to then apply the Pro-B10?

I only ask as I see you can get a down-grader to go from 6.xx down to 3.71 but I don't know why you would want to.

Thought so, guess the down-grader is only required if you on a build that is useless/un-hackable?

Cheers Sony

Back