SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

my vita is still boxed up, in my closet. dont own any games, dont own a memory card. money well spent

Why on earth would you buy/get a system and then deliberately ignore it?

The Vita is a great bit of tech and there are free games available via the PSN store, so there are no excuses for leaving it in the cupboard. If you have a PS3 or PS4 I'd highly recommend buying the yearly pass as you get free monthly games for all PS systems and reduced prices for others. Indie games on the Vita start at free and go up to just a few euros, so put your hand in your pocket and make the Vita's purchase worthwhile.

waiting for the psp experience i guess....and i got it at a damn fine price

Here is a current photo of my physical Vita games - I have just as many more as downloaded content or carts only, including Everybody's Golf, TearAway, WRC4, Terraria, Team 17 collection (SuperFrog, Alien Breed), Limbo, TxK,Life Of Pixel, Thomas Was Alone, Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra etc. etc.

vita.JPG

So a smaller selection than Sony, but a nice varied line up of (mainly) quality games. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a current photo of my physical Vita games - I have just as many more as downloaded content or carts only, including Everybody's Golf, TearAway, WRC4, Terraria, Team 17 collection (SuperFrog, Alien Breed), Limbo, TxK,Life Of Pixel, Thomas Was Alone, Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra etc. etc.

attachicon.gif
vita.JPG

So a smaller selection than Sony, but a nice varied line up of (mainly) quality games. :)
That's quite few if you considered how long the Vita was out, though. The PSP had a much better showing at the time. And very few of the Vita titles are exclusive to it.

Angry Bird is quality?
TBF I did state "(mainly) quality". :p Angry Birds isn't that bad a game, but the Vita implementation (especially the intros and menus etc.) is pretty poor IMHO.

I would have said other titles are far worse than Angry Birds though - Ridge Racer on Vita is total shit; unbelievably bad - it's online only, with no real single player element, with limited anything and everything - cars and tracks. Awful

That's quite few if you considered how long the Vita was out
I've only had my Vita since mid-January too.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Army Corps of Hell

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend

Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Borderlands 2

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified

Child of Light - Complete Edition

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Demon Gaze

Disgaea 3: Absence Of Detention

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Dragon's Crown

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - Complete Edition

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Everybody's Golf

Farming Simulator 14

Fifa

Fifa 13

Fifa 14

Final Fantasy X | X-2 - HD Remaster

Freedom Wars

God of War Collection

Gravity Rush

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5~7

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd

LEGO The Hobbit

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition

Invizimals: The Alliance

The Jax and Daxter Trilogy

Killzone: Mercenary

LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey

LittleBigPlanet: PlayStation Vita

LittleBigPlanet: PlayStation Vita - Marvel Super Heroes Edition

Little Deviants

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection

Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection

Minecraft - PlayStation Vita Edition

MLB 12: The Show

MLB 13: The Show

ModNation Racers

Mortal Kombat

The Muppets Movie Adventures

MXGP: The Official Motorcross Videogame

NAtURAL DOCtRINE

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

New Little King's Story

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus

Orgarhythm

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Rayman Origins

Rayman Legends

Reality Fighters

Resistance: Burning Skies

Retro City Rampage DX

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

The Sly Trilogy

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Smart As

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed - Limited Edition

Soul Sacrifice

Soul Sacrifice

Spy Hunter

Street Fighter X Tekken

Sumioni

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Tearaway

Touch my Katamari

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Unit 13

Valhalla Knights 3

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

Wallabies Rugby Challenge

wipEout 2048

Ys: Memories Of Celceta

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Are these all the cancelled games for the vita?
LOL. I suspect SONY is listing the titles he owns.

I own about half of those and a plethora of non-listed ones including download only titles like TxK, Olli Olli etc. 

Why two copies of "Uncharted"? It's a good game, but not worth buying twice. :p And Soul Sacrifice and Metal Gear too? :/

I really like the Vita, but I rarely use it due to lack of time - it really lacks puzzle games like Picross, Layton etc. etc. which tend to be the type of game I can comfortably play in my limited time.

Have you actually played through all of those games sony?

I'd consider selling my vita and it may happen but I recently backed 'Slain' on kickstarter. I should have chosen the pc version as it's due next month. The vita versions delayed.

Heck, I may buy the pc version if it's only 10 dollars or so and forgo the vita copy.

I'm going to Japan in September and am wondering if I should buy myself a PSVita.

I already have a PSP Go that I really enjoy and still have plenty of games to play on it.

If I buy a Vita, I will be interested to play Project diva f and f2nd, and Rayman Origin/Legends. I would get those games for sure, but these are games I have already played on PC or PS3.

Liking arcade games (immediate fun, difficult to master like project diva for example), and tactical RPGs (Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, Fire Emblem, Jeanne d'Arc...), is there any games (exclusive to the system maybe) that would make me want this PS vita even more ?

Any physicaly released games I should get while in Japan (aside from Project Diva that I plan to buy anyway) ? I can manage menus in Japanese (very basic notions, can read hira/kata kanas and a few kanjis) but not stories, etc...

Back