SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I've already got my midweek drink poured. But I can't be arsed to follow a webinar type thingy. If someone posts here with the news when it gets announced, at least the first person to do so will get a like from me.

Reactions: rSl

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
They actually did reveal the console design after implying they wouldn't be. It's, uh, interesting... Slimmer than expected. And there's a version without a disc drive.

I don't think I saw any games that really hooked me. I guess I'm just getting old.

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I thought there were a few that looked pretty good - Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Kena, Demon's Souls, Village (Resident Evil) and the next Horizon.

I'd have to rearrange my living room if there isn't a "horizontal mount" for the PS5 though.

TeDaDeS

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
They didn't show PSVR2 but it was pretty much implied with Astro Bot and Resident Evil 8.
I think 3 trailers showed cats. The game Stray was obviously topping the cat content level.
A lot of platformers showed to.

JDTAY

Ouch. Looks like Sony will be the one stumbling out of the gate this gen.

JDTAY

Just a reminder that the new PS5 stream is in about an hour.

Also, Sony officially denied Bloomberg's report about them cutting their production forecast.

FBnil

There is 1 impostor among us.
a43qXLd_460s.jpg

Combine that with always online gaming.... meh... I'll buy a Pyra instead.

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I've never paid full price for games, and that's also a benefit for physical versions of games over digital, the price drops more quickly. Digital only consoles are a false economy in my opinion.

I thought the reveal last week was good, and while I know I'm in a minority on the boards here, but I'm really looking forward to the PS5.

Shame they screwed up on preorders and few people managing to preorder in the brief moments they were available. But at least Sony have purportedly now apologised and are taking steps to resolve the situation.