SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

I've already got my midweek drink poured. But I can't be arsed to follow a webinar type thingy. If someone posts here with the news when it gets announced, at least the first person to do so will get a like from me.

Reactions: rSl
They actually did reveal the console design after implying they wouldn't be. It's, uh, interesting... Slimmer than expected. And there's a version without a disc drive.

I don't think I saw any games that really hooked me. I guess I'm just getting old.

I thought there were a few that looked pretty good - Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Kena, Demon's Souls, Village (Resident Evil) and the next Horizon.

I'd have to rearrange my living room if there isn't a "horizontal mount" for the PS5 though.

They didn't show PSVR2 but it was pretty much implied with Astro Bot and Resident Evil 8.
I think 3 trailers showed cats. The game Stray was obviously topping the cat content level.
A lot of platformers showed to.

Big boi

PS5_XBOX_Comparison_v3.jpg

It's big indeed. I'm curious about the cooling - clearly it has a lot of vents, but hopefully fans aren't so loud.

I may be in a minority, but I actually like the design; somehow it reminds me of 70/80s era visions of the future.

Ouch. Looks like Sony will be the one stumbling out of the gate this gen.

I've never paid full price for games, and that's also a benefit for physical versions of games over digital, the price drops more quickly. Digital only consoles are a false economy in my opinion.

I thought the reveal last week was good, and while I know I'm in a minority on the boards here, but I'm really looking forward to the PS5.

Shame they screwed up on preorders and few people managing to preorder in the brief moments they were available. But at least Sony have purportedly now apologised and are taking steps to resolve the situation.

I was going to get a PS5 for weeb games, but it remains to be seen how many weeb games PS5 gets outside of Final Fantasy XVI, which is only a timed exclusive anyway.

I mean, Switch seems to be way better for weeb games overall, because Japan prefers handhelds, and because development for it is much easier.

Back