SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

Hmm, the FAQ doesn't go into much detail about the region-free though. Will this just be for discs, or will I actually be able to access every digital store from one account?

Probably the former, as there are legal barriers to the latter. EU has to protect the children and all.

Hmm, people in the comments of the PS5 FAQ seem to be really upset at the lack of 1440p support.

I don't really get it. 4K exists, why limit yourself?

Probably the former, as there are legal barriers to the latter. EU has to protect the children and all.

The Vita you could simply make another account and pick a different country to "live" in in order to get those games.

I'm pretty sure Sony knew about that but didn't care because they were protected.

I've been wondering if console gaming might die. It's the 1440p comments that make me wonder. Apparently most of those people were planning to hook up their PS5s to gaming monitors instead of TVs.

Reminds me that no-one can see a damn TV anymore, myself included. That's what smartphones and tablets have done to the latest generation. Human vision is at an all time low.

I can't even see my laptop monitor clearly without glasses these days. It's kinda frightening. Vision only gets worse. Wonder if I won't be too blind to game by age 40.

Hmm, it's PS5 day in the US, and I'm still trying to make sense of the hardware. Series X and PS5 both use RDNA2, but not the same RDNA2. As I'm understanding so far, Series X's RDNA2 is probably better. Could be wrong.

I mean, people keep bragging about the PS5 architecture for some reason. Something to do with loading, I think. The funny thing is, there's evidence that devs aren't taking advantage of it. Rocket League is said to run better on a Series X than a PS5, but that's actually because they didn't actually make a Series X or PS5 version of the game. They're relying on backwards compatibility, and Series X runs One X games better than PS5 runs PS4 games. Makes me wonder how many other devs won't bother with true next gen versions of their games.

Yeah, it could be a while before next gen pays off, as always.

Yeah, I mean, the manufacturing process is far from perfect, but you're supposed to test the consoles out before shipping them.

It'll get better with time.

I Love my SONY PlayStation 5 and Paul George 13 PlayStation edition Nike sneakers <3

received_683629012291806.jpeg

received_3481148121932600.jpeg

I guess Christmas came early for someone!

Admittedly I'm jealous re the PS5 - still haven't been able to pre-order one, and there at least a whole extra week here until there's even a slight chance of (pre-)ordering at this stage...

Edit: Yesterday I managed to get one in a cart on a website selling them, but it sold out before I could confirm the payment details.

Guys, in another week or two, I'll start chronicling my quest to turn a President Biden stimulus check into a PlayStation 5.

Hopefully it's not like in Japan, where they had a massive brawl break out in a retail store. Did those guys confuse them for Switches or what?

Back