Sony's Home

That link goes to "Super Paper Mario 'Mega Star'"
:unsure:

EDIT: Found the video you're talking about. Looks kinda meh to me, I really don't see the point. It is at least something that PS3 has over the other consoles though, glad that it looks like they are finally trying somewhat.

lol, yeah the link does take you to some Paper Mario thing.

About Playstation Home though, I think when I first saw that it was the first time Sony had "wowed" me in a lonnnnnnng time.

Good stuff, hopefully they don't mess it up.

Eeek sorry I started on paper mario....... :)

I would have thought clicking the link would have changed the web address at the top WRRROOOONNG!!!

Yes sid i was a bit wow'd by it all loved the idea of having a house and being able to watch vids on a little tv.... i know how lame that sounds btw.

Also! thanks to reading about this...... I had the best dream ever last night. I dreamt i was in a sort of GTA/world type game and went all over the place. I ended up a virtual punk rock show!
It was the first dream i have ever had in computer graphics.

I noticed the video was 21 minutes long ... I started to watch it, but saw some bald guy talking on a stage of some sort.

... then I saw a video for Oblivion! I'm so glad I pre-ordered; I'll get it on the same day the stores get their shipment ... and MAN it looks good!! I can't wait ...

Thank you for the link :D

sensible GP32 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 06:04 PM said:
Eeek sorry I started on paper mario....... :)

I would have thought clicking the link would have changed the web address at the top WRRROOOONNG!!!

Yes sid i was a bit wow'd by it all loved the idea of having a house and being able to watch vids on a little tv.... i know how lame that sounds btw.

Also! thanks to reading about this...... I had the best dream ever last night. I dreamt i was in a sort of GTA/world type game and went all over the place. I ended up a virtual punk rock show!
It was the first dream i have ever had in computer graphics.
Was it in "TRUE 1080P OVER HDMI"?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:

I'm still watching it, but from what I've seen, this looks amazing! Sony basically elaborated on the very basic idea nintendo had of creating a virtual you, but is kinda showing that the ps3 can, and will take a crap on the wii with it's uber graphics :rolleyes:

Seriously, if sony plays this right, they can very well deliver a DEVASTATING blow to ol' ninty.

EDIT: Proximity based! As you move closer to the virtual TV the sound gets louder!!!

DAMNT THATS REALLY COOL! Im all jealous now. The main reason I went to the 360 was it was cheaper and it had a better internet gaming service. Now they are the same price (because im getting an hddvd player for 200 dollars) and the ps3 has a better online service. Hmmmm...

Online= +ps3
Price=tie
Controller= +xbox
killed liksang= -ps3

PS3=0
Xbox=1

Oh... no i feel better now... xbox still kills ps3

Jackd posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:27 PM said:
DAMNT THATS REALLY COOL! Im all jealous now. The main reason I went to the 360 was it was cheaper and it had a better internet gaming service. Now they are the same price (because im getting an hddvd player for 200 dollars) and the ps3 has a better online service. Hmmmm...

Online= +ps3
Price=tie
Controller= +xbox
killed liksang= -ps3

PS3=0
Xbox=1

Price isn't a tie if you factor in the wireless receiver for another 100 bucks.

So there, I hate to burst your bubble, but price is -360....thus making them equal?

It really seems like a clumsy way to handle online if you ask me... and also what do you want to bet that the 'customizable furniture' can also be referred to as 'microtransactions'? :rolleyes:

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 8 2007 at 09:02 PM said:
Jackd posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:27 PM said:

Online= +ps3
Price=tie
Controller= +xbox
killed liksang= -ps3

PS3=0
Xbox=1

Price isn't a tie if you factor in the wireless receiver for another 100 bucks.

So there, I hate to burst your bubble, but price is -360....thus making them equal?
Wireless... thats not something I need though. I prefer a wired connection. Xbox 360 wireless adapter sucks hard. Everyone I know who has one has had problems with it now and then. It randomly just wont work sometimes. Plus the 360 has halo 3/forza coming around the corner.

Holy crap. This really does put Nintendo's awful Wii number thingy (tedious and overprotective from... dunno, Nintendo, what?) to shame.

Too bad I can't actually afford a PS3.

Jackd posted on Mar 9 2007 at 01:36 AM said:
Plus the 360 has halo 3/forza coming around the corner.
I don't reall want to get into a game argument, but halo 3 is really nothing compared to games out/coming out. Halo was great for years ago, but since gears it's really nothing with nothing.

At the same time I can (and will) say that I see your Halo 3 and raise you a Lair & Final Fantasy ;)

Wow. Pretty. But... what is the point? Yeah, I can see myself spending days delving into the world of PS home.

... or not. I honestly don't care for pretty (but obstructing) front-ends or VR. Simplicity is beauty -- give me something that isn't laced with style but more about functionality.

Regardless of my thoughts, this'll probably do good for the PS3 as people like things bombastic and flashy.

Back