Sooo No Flash Support?

Xena Pro is an older tool in the Swifty suite that would
rip .swfs from .exes, but it hasn't been updated since
the turn of the century.

A quick google search reveals Nasser exe2swf, which is
fairly recent and claims to support formats up to Flash 9.
Worth checking out if your game is slightly older.

just to mention, I scope around the web a lot watching videos and running flash games, never had it crash since early summer, flash is stable afaik, maybe you have an older codec or something? some of the distros are very conservative on using the latest versions, also, some people have problems with Compiz enabled on Intel chipsets with flash, try turning Compiz off? (running Ubuntu intrepid on 6 machines from netbooks to a dual core 2.8 gig laptop)

tried the mentioned site, no videos crashed yet, I do use adblock though (and am NOT turning it off) :p

hobbyman II said:
just to mention, I scope around the web a lot watching videos and running flash games, never had it crash since early summer, flash is stable afaik, maybe you have an older codec or something? some of the distros are very conservative on using the latest versions, also, some people have problems with Compiz enabled on Intel chipsets with flash, try turning Compiz off? (running Ubuntu intrepid on 6 machines from netbooks to a dual core 2.8 gig laptop)

tried the mentioned site, no videos crashed yet, I do use adblock though (and am NOT turning it off) :p

First off, flash ships with all codecs it supports EMBEDDED into itself. Secondly, most people will directly or indirectly be using flash from the official Adobe repository meaning they have the newest version. Third, Intel has a record of being the absolute best when it comes to compositing and the DDX in general. If flash doesn't work under a composited environment using the intel driver stack, then it's most likely Adobe's fault. And you should never (NEVER) have to turn off your compositing manager. Future versions of X will be composited by default since the whole legacy, non-composited environment is always as fast or slower than a composited environment provided you don't load up on special effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
AKATSUKIComics said:
ahhh, I feel like such a noob I don't know what anyone is talking about xD, so from what I read it's debatable if flash will work or not?
From my very limited understanding, should probably get full flash support in the future.
But until then there seems to be a way to run most of the main stuff that most people will need.
I've not really followed everything flash as I tend to avoid it.

Na-Noo said:
AKATSUKIComics said:
ahhh, I feel like such a noob I don't know what anyone is talking about xD, so from what I read it's debatable if flash will work or not?
From my very limited understanding, should probably get full flash support in the future.
But until then there seems to be a way to run most of the main stuff that most people will need.
I've not really followed everything flash as I tend to avoid it.

Thank you, I hope that if I get a Pandora I will be able to take my favorite flash games and movies on the go... If they work...

Back