Spare parts (2010-10-21)

Well the socketed nubs will available at some undetermined point in the future. Which in this project can be anywhere from a couple months from now to Two Months from now.

I don't know when standard replacement nubs will be available, but I'm guessing it will before the socketed ones. I'm not going to be stuck with a partially working Pandora, waiting on socketed nubs that may not arrive pre-Mayan Apocalypse, if I can buy standard nubs in the meantime.

Well the socketed nubs will available at some undetermined point in the future. Which in this project can be anywhere from a couple months from now to Two Months from now.

I don't know when standard replacement nubs will be available, but I'm guessing it will before the socketed ones. I'm not going to be stuck with a partially working Pandora, waiting on socketed nubs that may not arrive pre-Mayan Apocalypse, if I can buy standard nubs in the meantime.
Bugger! I forgot about 2012. Does anyone know what date? Just that if the Pandora does run into 2011 then I'm worried that any Apocalypse would invalidate the warranty. :p

You may have a point. The socketed nubs would be the standard Two MonthsTM and we all know how long that can be.

Wouldn't the new socketed nubs require a new redesigned socketed mainboard?

No the assumption would be the socket will solder right in place of the current solder points.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long until we can order ext connectors? Surely you must have spares from the TV out cables, right?

I assumed you'd need to have cables to have spares :blink:
Well I'm under the assumption that they ordered the parts and are just waiting on the plastics company to make the nice housing for them, but that assumption could obviously be highly flawed.

If it is flawed, they probably should get on ordering those parts: seems like 8 week lead time to get the particular connectors required.

If the parts are ordered they may be with the cable maker so not readily available, plus they may be thinking the cable is the part and not that it is the sum of parts, so hadn't planned to sell the part parts :blink: :blink:

Anyone had any replacement parts delivered yet?
I just got my case parts today. Funny how the day I get it is about 2 weeks... What is it about 2's?

Anyway, it's not a working Pandora, but at least now I can start working on some case mods. :)

Edit: ok, technically I got it "yesterday" since it's past 12am here, but since I haven't slept yet it still feels like the same day. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
have we added the metallic colored cases to the parts list yet?

A note about ordering LCD cables: you need to break the hinge in order to replace the cable, meaning you need a new one. They're currently not stocked up (or at least Craig isn't) but he's promised me one as soon as possible. I just hope it's sooner rather than later: I'm looking forward to voiding my warranty in the interests of science!

A note about ordering LCD cables: you need to break the hinge in order to replace the cable, meaning you need a new one. They're currently not stocked up (or at least Craig isn't) but he's promised me one as soon as possible. I just hope it's sooner rather than later: I'm looking forward to voiding my warranty in the interests of science!
Odd you say that - I have taken mine apart twice (once for science, once when I got my spare cable), and it still works. Maybe I was lucky, but I just drifted the hinge out using a not very pointy stick, a hammer, and an unusual degree of subtlety. Not sure if I fitted the new cable 100% perfectly, but time will tell (and I got a 2nd spare one just in case).

Odd you say that - I have taken mine apart twice (once for science, once when I got my spare cable), and it still works. Maybe I was lucky, but I just drifted the hinge out using a not very pointy stick, a hammer, and an unusual degree of subtlety. Not sure if I fitted the new cable 100% perfectly, but time will tell (and I got a 2nd spare one just in case).

You managed to drift out the hinge?

Wow! Would love to know how to do that! Didn't think it's possible. Anything I need to be careful of? :)

Back