Speccyal K v0.5 released

_tyrell_

Website
www.speccyal.be
Version v0.5 released.

What's new:

- Rewrote the virtual keyboard. It's now like the 'real' speccy keyboard, and is displayed in a graphical way. Press LEFT and RIGHT for caps shift / symbol shift (only two keys are supported as of now : Symbol shift + P = ", Caps Shift + 0 = backspace).
- Bug fixed : the 48k savestates are now working.
- Bug fixed : previously, when a 48k game was started before a 128k game, it was greatly slowed down (about 20-30%! the reason was a problem with AY sound code emulation).
- Fixed flickering in the options screen
- Changed the way keys are handled, because pressing LEFT + RIGHT for saving a game was not very easy. LEFT is now only used as a 'shift' key. Here are the new keys : RIGHT = file browser, SELECT = keyboard, LEFT + RIGHT = options, LEFT + SELECT = savestate. Everyone should be happy with the new keys.

Head to http://www.speccyal.be to download it.

Have fun with it,

_tyrell_

Nice one Tyrell, ill check this out sometime today and let ye know how it goes :)

Ye'll be pleased to hear ive got a new GP32 so might go a bit better now lol :p

Version v0.5 released.
I get clicking noises when reseting the spectrum, that are much worse when the 128K spectrum is being emulatued over the 48K. Also in 128k mode, I get clicking noises when pressing A or B when selecting options in the emulator or loading a TAP or SNA file, even when selecting options within a game...yet when the game plays it's ok, much worse in 128k mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm plagued by the sound problems :)
I noticed that too, but *no sound problems* arise during games sessions so I suppose it's not a problem for most peoples !
(note that I didn't touch the sound code, and it seems at first sight that the compiled code has impact over sound, and that this impact varies from compile to compile but I don't have any clue how I can cure that).

Note to those who have slight sound cracklings in some games : enter options screen and set "fast rendering" to off. This triggers a line per line rendrering, somewhat slower but much more precise. It also suppress sprite flickering in games like "green beret" and "bc quest". In 90% of the games however, you should not require turning this option.

_tyrell_

Tyrell, just letting you know m8 but finding this new version extremely playable, music is playing much better, controls seem fine but best of all, i played 2 hours constant the other night and it didnt crash once :D

nice one m8

The b version works fine as well..no more crackly noises.

Great work..looking forward to TZX support...

Nice ... about TZX tough, it's not my top priority ... My priority right now is to learn to pass my HAM exam... Arghhh, all this electronic/radio stuff, horrible :) Why the hell do hams have to learn so much !

_tyrell_

Hi _tyrell_. Speccyal K and the SMS emulator are currently my favourite GP32 emulators with Speccyal K gaining the edge in terms of time played due to having save states. Would you welcome any improvement suggestions and bug reports, or should I keep my head down and carry on playing Bomb Jack? (I am determined to get a high score of 1 million, but I am currently a long way off at about 300,000).

Back