Speccyal'K v0.3 released

Mark1970 posted on May 13 2003 said:
Last version I downloaded (13th of may around 22:00 Dutch time GMT+1) doesn't reboot the system, but the 48k sound does seem to be missing. Still a great emulator though! Keep it up.
Cheers, Mark
Strange for the sound ... I have tried dozens of games and they are all sounding correct (one exception: nebulus).
You are also the first one to report this problem.

Has someone else had missing sound or music in any game ? If yes, which one(s) ?

_tyrell_

Last edited by a moderator:
You've fixed the crashing problem with 0.3? Excellent, although I've left the USB cable in the car and it's way too late to be venturing outside! What was the problem Tyrell?

Thanks _tyrell_

Everything appears to run superbly

Thanks a lot

Did I say thanks, if not thanks

If I can help again just shout

MrT

_tyrell_ posted on May 13 2003 said:
Has someone else had missing sound or music in any game ? If yes, which one(s) ?

I played around with it some last night. Looks like speed-wise, it's absolutely perfet. God Wheelie was ace.

On the sound subject, I've only found the odd one to break it. Dan Dare doesn't make any sound at all, Enduro Racer in 48k mode plays the 128k music, but no actual sound effects (don't think the game works in 128k mode). It seems like it's gotten confused about what sound mode it's supposed to be exclusively using. I'll see if I can find more examples, but to be honest, most stuff works.

All I can see it needing now is, as you mentioned, the addition of Enter and the two Shift keys to the drop-down keyboard and joystick definition selector thingy. Then I can even try Head over Heels! A hand-held Head over Heels! (They programmed HoH so you have to press shift to exit the key definition screen. Dammmn themmm!)

Hmmm... anything else.... I think it would be a nice addition if the reset/image load functions were added to the menu, and the menu moved to the start button, so the shoulder buttons could also be assigned keys and used in-game. I may be alone in that respect however. :D

Very, very slick work indeed!

Ok, I think I have found where the sound error was coming from. Will be fixed in the next release, together with a better virtual keyboard and with a save-state option (next week probably).

_tyrell_

Tyrell,

when i set controls to custom and setup my keys... they dont work, take Treasure island Dizzy, ive set left to Z, right to X and Fire 1 to * (space), but nothing happens at all

am i doing somethign wrong?

It's working but there's a little "trick". Here's how I did it:

- options -> bind joystick left and right to Z and X keys (and fire to *)
- set emulation to sinclair1
- press B (enter)
- options -> set emulation to custom

Here you are !

_tyrell_

cheers m8, worked a treat, even if its a mad roundabout way :rolleyes:

all i need now is to be able to set Enter and savestate then i can play the Dizzys :D

Hey Loonie

I had forgotten about wheelie, that was a superb game, have to have a google later.

_tyrell_ will you be introducing tzx files to you emu? it's just that most of my stuff is in this format?

Cheers

MrT

I'll try to add TZX format in my windows version first (for ease of debugging), and then if it's working no doubt I'll add it to the gp32 version.

I know many peoples would be happy to play .TZX files, and wait 5 minutes to load a game like on the good ol' speccy :)

_tyrell_

_tyrell_ posted on May 15 2003 said:
I know many peoples would be happy to play .TZX files, and wait 5 minutes to load a game like on the good ol' speccy :)
Will you be able to implement fast loadingof TZXs like Speculator does running under Windows?

Back