Spot 0.02

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Spot is a GP32 emulator for the GP2X :)

(A GP32 is a 66-133Mhz ARM-based console, some units being overclockable to dizzy frequencies)

This version is still in pre-alpha stage, as in, it's not actually usable (No joystick control), but it will give you an idea of how fast a GP32 can be emulated on the GP2X.

How to try it:

1) Download from here: http://www.squidgey.plus.com/spot0.02.rar

2) Unpack and place all files in a directory on your SD card

3) Run via your favourite launcher

You will need to reset your GP2X to quit the emulator.

Damn, you are the man Squidge!!!
Once again, a coding god proves the community wrong.

We have had so much great stuff come out in the last 2 weeks.
zx-81 releasing so many GREAT emulators.
And now Squidge releases this.
All I can say is HELL YES!!!
Thanks Squidge

Impressive to say the least, you are an inspiration to everyone Squidge :) Thank you so much for your efforts!

This looks like it could already handle a 100mhz GP32?

looks very promising... how far from usable would you say it is squidgey? Not fully usable, that is... but at least running something on it, that shows it actually emulates more than the firmware.

That there is...very much looking forward to seeing how this one progresses. Of course a lot of 2X owners already have a real GP32, but every now and again there are a few homebrew games I just *wish* I could play on the 2X. Thanks again Squidge!

Not least an absolutely amazing Doom port, that I seem to recall surpasses the one for the 2x in terms of options (no offence to whoever did the 2x port). And Lacuna. And a better version of SmashGP. And Ah! My Goddess tetris. Let alone everything else. The Gp32 was very very cool, really, when it comes down to it :)

Obviously Squidge (hey buddy!) is writing this for Blacks TG16 emu :)

(Or he really really likes Kimchi Men :p)

jeff

Back