Caanoo / WIZ Srb2 On The Wiz?

Peter R posted on May 20 2009 at 12:50 AM said:
I tried this earlier and I hope the Wiz port isn't typical of the game. Otherwise I think it is one of the worst games I have ever played for numerous reasons.
lol, you can give the reasons I dont care. Is it the controls?

Last edited by a moderator:
The game certainly is unusual, the controls do take some getting used to. I however, like it, I wish there were more levels out there. I've already finished all the official and unofficial maps. I think this games does a great job of bringing the 2D Sonic game play into a 3D environment. Much better than the commercial Sonic games did, anyway. It's fast and linear, and clever in how it hides secrets and such. Before you conclude once and for all that you hate it, I strongly suggest you forget you've ever played Sonic Adventure and try to remember that the game's mechanic is Sonic 1 only 3D.

My main gripe is that I really wish there were more enemy types, and that the bosses were a bit more challenging. Some of the unofficial levels are frustratingly convoluted, but that's not the game's fault.

Pickle posted on May 20 2009 at 01:16 PM said:
I tried this earlier and I hope the Wiz port isn't typical of the game. Otherwise I think it is one of the worst games I have ever played for numerous reasons.
It has the worst camera I have ever seen and try running forward anyway fast, it is impossible to see and do what you want and plus the controls are utter shit. It looks to me like one of these things that was shit and yet the dev team still wasted their time continuing with it. I will try it on PC eventually and compare it.

Peter R posted on May 20 2009 at 09:29 AM said:
It has the worst camera I have ever seen and try running forward anyway fast, it is impossible to see and do what you want and plus the controls are utter shit. It looks to me like one of these things that was shit and yet the dev team still wasted their time continuing with it. I will try it on PC eventually and compare it.
Come to think of it, the mouse is indispensable for playing this game on the PC. Most likely, changing the controls in such a way that the action-buttons act as a mouse-look would improve playability considerably. However, it will still end up feeling clumsy seeing as how you'd have to map jump and dash to the Shoulders.

I dunno, I'd be happy to test different configurations if I had a Wiz. I'm kind of wishing I ordered one now. The wait for the Pandora is killing my soul a little more everyday.

Peter R posted on May 20 2009 at 09:29 AM said:
There are some camera settings under the game settings that might help. I think its easier to play with any of the other characters other than sonic, the sonic special ability is uncontrollable.
And its not exactly the best game for a handheld either.

Hi, Everyone. I am Sonict, an administrator of the SRB2MB and a beta tester for the game. I just wanted to clear up some things with you guys.

1) The game is designed for the PC, Pickle just did the porting.
2) The default controls will be changed to be like what every other FPS uses.

Yes, the game is not designed for handhelds at all. I look forward to hearing any other complaints and such. We do take them seriously. I do recommend you try it out on PC first.

Also, the next version of SRB2 which will be out in a few months will bring new levels, enemies, rewamped multiplayer and more features such as reverse gravity and polyobjects. It is a "demo" for a reason.

I look forward to your replies.

Yeah ive played it on pc before this but the controls on pc need work the character is well too fast hard to keep going in the way u want

Sonict posted on May 20 2009 at 09:09 PM said:
Also, the next version of SRB2 which will be out in a few months will bring new levels, enemies, more features such as reverse gravity and polyobjects. It is a "demo" for a reason.
New levels, enemies, AND features! Righteous. I'll be signing up for the appropriate RSS or Newsletter.

darkriku posted on May 20 2009 at 09:40 PM said:
Yeah ive played it on pc before this but the controls on pc need work the character is well too fast hard to keep going in the way u want
I don't know what you mean. Could you explain it more? Sonic is hard to control at first and the "Thok" makes it that much harder to do so.

We are working on making the controls less "slippery" as well since other people have complained about it.

@mindlord

Check out the MB for information and also our front page of our website.

Here is two links to recent videos of the next version of SRB2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMq_6N5RkCk...re=channel_page <-- This is about a year old now, but it basically goes through some zones that the next version will have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljstp58SxYI...re=channel_page <-- This one shows off Arid Canyon Zone. It shows new enemies, objects and textures.

you have to slow down or stop to stay on track especially to kill an enemy

Back