Star Wars The Force Awakens Comic Con 2015 Reel

Saber

Advanced Member
Thought some of you might enjoy this. Can't wait till December.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNJ51ghzdY

"Star Wars", huh? Sounds a bit violent and bloody.  Maybe if it were about exploration with occasional fights and battles for the action crowd it would be better.  And Klingons.  And the Borg. ;) :p

On one hand, I'm really looking forward to this, and on the other hand, I could care less. Those first three episodes from Lucas left a very bad taste in my mouth. I will say JJ is keeping with what made the originals so unique and cool. Those movies while cutting edge for special FX at the time, where never really about special effects, but about this great universe and how everything came to life through these characters that you actually cared about.

Lucas couldn't have went any further away from what made those first three movies so special. I had ZERO connection with any of those new characters from those movies. Some how Lucas took the side kicks who where great in small doses in the original three films and completely made them unwatchable(every scene was beyond lame and so forced),as now C3-PO and R2-D2 became a bad clown act. I understand wanting to not stay stuck in the past, but those new episodes where special FX show pieces on what "Light & Magic" could do. I really wish I could "unsee" those movies, because they where so bad.

This new movie looks like what episodes 1-3 should have been. Keeping the camp and kinda of cheesy look to most things, while updating some stuff to current technology, but not over doing it.

JJ's Star Trek reboot was rather awesome(at least in my opinion), and one of my favorite movies of the last 5 years. Hopefully that same love and care will come to Star Wars, As he has much bigger shoes to fill this time around. If he "F**ks this up, he may become more hated than Lucas himself :p

Chris

JJ's Star Trek reboot was rather awesome(at least in my opinion), and one of my favorite movies of the last 5 years. Hopefully that same love and care will come to Star Wars, As he has much bigger shoes to fill this time around. If he "F**ks this up, he may become more hated than Lucas himself :p
Many Star Trek fans, myself included, don't consider them a part of the series.  He messed up a lot, and the feel is all wrong.  I think he will do much better with Star Wars, which is a series he has stated he actually likes.  I am not a Star Wars fan, so I could be wrong (SW fans may be as picky as ST fans).

JJ's Star Trek reboot was rather awesome(at least in my opinion),
Except it has nothing to do with the old Star Treks :p

For me JJ is "Lost" after what he did with the show of the same name. Yeah "lost" was complete bullshit after the first season, and the end was just a massive disappointment - that's how bad JJ is. I have no love and no hope for the man. 

PS: and hey. he's a Mac Lover. Sums it up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Star Trek fans, myself included, don't consider them a part of the series.  He messed up a lot, and the feel is all wrong.  I think he will do much better with Star Wars, which is a series he has stated he actually likes.  I am not a Star Wars fan, so I could be wrong (SW fans may be as picky as ST fans).

JJ's Star Trek reboot was rather awesome(at least in my opinion),
Except it has nothing to do with the old Star Treks :p

For me JJ is "Lost" after what he did with the show of the same name. Yeah "lost" was complete bullshit after the first season, and the end was just a massive disappointment - that's how bad JJ is. I have no love and no hope for the man. 

PS: and hey. he's a Mac Lover. Sums it up. 
Are you only in to the original series, or do you like all things ST(STnG, DS9, ECT.)?

A good friend of mine is a HUGE original series fan, and could tell what episode was coming on after only watching 1-2 seconds of the opening scene. To get that good, you've watched ST way more than most. Once he saw the reboot, he didn't know what to think. On one hand I think he enjoyed it, but on the other some key things changed, and he didn't like that. I haven't spoke to him almost since that movie came out, so I don't know if his opinion has changed over the years, but I would be curious as to which side he ended up.

I love STnG, but only ever really liked a few episodes of the original series. So for me, it makes no difference if they changed history or not in the reboot, I just liked the movie for what it was.

Will some key history or point's of interest get changed in these new SW movies? Probably. But there is no way anything JJ does currently will ever be as bad as what Lucas did. Damn those new episodes sucked ass. After all is said and done, I currently have no plans to go see this new SW movie. If feedback is good at release, I may give it a shot, but for me personally, I would rather Disney just release digital versions of episodes 4-6 "UNEDITED", and they could stop any and all SW production at that point, and I would be happy.

Chris

But there is no way anything JJ does currently will ever be as bad as what Lucas did.
Probably. But Lucas has killed all interest in star wars, and the fact that they are re-using the old actors in these sequels (even for a few cameos) is just plain ridiculous. Harrison ford close to 80s wearing Han Solo clothes just sucks ball and makes him look like a senile old man more than anything else. If JJ did it on purpose, he is just evil :p  

But there is no way anything JJ does currently will ever be as bad as what Lucas did.
Probably. But Lucas has killed all interest in star wars, and the fact that they are re-using the old actors in these sequels (even for a few cameos) is just plain ridiculous. Harrison ford close to 80s wearing Han Solo clothes just sucks ball and makes him look like a senile old man more than anything else. If JJ did it on purpose, he is just evil :p
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see episode VII, but when I heard the original cast would return, I was of the same mind set. WTF!? came to mind. LOL

Chris

I don't see what's ridiculous about using the original actors, as this is supposed to be set the appropriate number of years after episode VI.  Sure, they probably shouldn't carry the main arc of the story, but sympathetic editing can make anyone appear how the filmmaker wants them to ultimately (even if Ford has appeared as a senile old man in recent interviews of his I've seen).

The only worry is how they'll work around the standard action film stereotype of good guys = young, bad guys = old, which the original series signed up to pretty strongly (with the exception of Guinness, and perhaps Yoda).  As well as worries about JJ's abilities to identify a good script when he sees one, I guess.

I dont care if it makes sense years wise. Carrie Fischer looks like she rather belongs in the walking dead than star wars. They had their time of glory let them retire without shame.

PS : at least for Carrie Fischer and Mark Hamill, since Harisson Ford has already burned as much shame as he could with Indiana Jones 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little off-topic:

Yesterday, I went to see the new Terminator movie and IMHO, Arnold Schwarzenegger looked so weird/awkward as the old Terminator.
Just remember this is meant to be. James Cameron has one piece of help for the new director. He said... let the audience know that it`s real skin on top of the exoskeleton. Hence why he looks old ( well, because he is )  ! 

Bit harsh.
Really ? Judge for yourself :

maxresdefault.jpg

Yesterday, I went to see the new Terminator movie and IMHO, Arnold Schwarzenegger looked so weird/awkward as the old Terminator.
Arnold should really consider retiring or becoming president or something. As an actor... he just does not know how to choose his movies anymore.

Arnold should really consider retiring or becoming president or something. As an actor... he just does not know how to choose his movies anymore.
Thought Terminator Genisys hit an 8 out of 10 on the entertaining scale. Worth a rental when it's released this fall.

Oh boy... Terminator genisys sucks ass big time.

I left the theatre before it ended.

Its an unintentional parody of itself.

Im stunned anyone threw money at that script...what the fuck were they taking when they signed off on that.

Short term profits no doubt.

The rights revert to cameron soon, hence the rapid excreting of this movie.

Back