Steam Deck (using SteamOS) handheld by Valve

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Until then:
- Emulation up to Dreamcast works like a charm, i dont have more games, so Gamecube, Wii, Switch arend possible for me at least..
- I got the Games from GOG to Run under Steam, at least they who are Linux Based, maybe i try to get the Windows Stuff on Weekend
- the Valve Games (Half Live Portal, etc ) and even Garrys Mod run whitouth issues

- BeamNGDrive is running perfektly, but i ditnt had much time to test as it was late..
- My Summer Car needs maybe a Mouse and Keyboard, but would run
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 runs perfektly,

All of the Steam Car Games are quite nice whit the analogue Shoulderbutton as Trottle

I couldnd test Snowrunner as it was still downloading..

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I try Snowrunner yesterday evening and this morning, works great, finally this game Mobile whit Mods and working Mirrors,
I have our Unimog now as Scout and the OP Truck from the Main Game much more OP.. I think I will Play the Game over the Weekend.. and test it in Garden..
I also bought Black Mesa, the Fan Remake from Half Life, but it’s still Downloading..

GTA4 Complete runs also, and GTA5 should, but I ditnt bought this Game yet (and it’s 100 gb )

I’m currently download Brutal Legend from GOG, as it’s a Linux version

Ditnt try Windows Games yet, but I don’t think I would ever find the time to play them..

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Had some issues whit Emulationstation : it ditnt found the PSX Bios , but after changing the Standart Emulator to PCSXRearmed it’s now working..
Dit I report that I allready made a Outdoor Gaming Session yesterday:“? Worked good but my 27000 mah Powerbank is not powerful enough, it’s USB2 or 3, but the Steamdeck lost some %

The Display was vissible in Sunlight , but maybe a bit darker then inside ..

Would work, but maybe I need a new Powerbank whit enough watts ..

I just got Doom 3 BFG to work, I ditnt notice that the „add to Steam Button“ is on the next side of the Heroic Launcher..

Simulator Games are awesome on this thing , expecialy whit the Analog Shoulderbuttons, and you have the whole PC experience whit Mods, good graphics (Mirrors) and some Internet Features like real Internet Radio in ETS2

What not that good is the Controlls and Downloads on Desktop Mode..

But it’s got real Suspense Mode, you can pause in every Game, and I think also Emulator if you have to leave.. and come back later..

Played a lot Snowrunner yesterday..

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I will add some PSP Games at least, i wonder how good they work whit the EmuDeck Stuff, i wrote that its ditnt need a BIOS, so lets test this today when im at home ^^

Hopefully they will come to Emulations Station, so i only need to open one Emulator Front End.. ..

I wonder how many power this system will need..

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I forgot to Connect my Airpods Pro 2 to the Steamdeck, but as they allready work on Pyra, i think they will not make any issues..

Put my PSP Library on the Steamdeck and it dit run whitouth any issues, ^^
My first attempt to Emulate Gamecube was also quite succesfull, only 2 Games where i had to reecopy as maybe there was an Issue whit the USB Stick as somehow, the SD Card ditnt wantet to get Mount in the Phytium PC, and had then some issue Mounting on Steamdeck until i shut down the whole system and startet the whole Steamdeck new..
So i had to use the USB Stick: From Phytium to USB Stick via USB3 HUB, was quite Slow, and from USB Stick to Steamdeck over USB3 on USBC Hub was much faster..
Finally the Gamecube Zelda Games in Mobile, as i dont think Nintendo will make Switch Ports..
Dolphin had some slowdowns in Wind Waker and Smash Bros Brawl, but no big issue for me, im impressed that Gamecube runs at all ^^
Also i want have so many Gamecube Games on the Steamdeck as i have PSP Titles, they are much too big

This Thing is quite impressive as a Emulations Handheld..