Sticky keys disabling

Cobalt

Still Fresh
I haven't seen a previous post about this.

Sticky keys seems to disable under certain circumstances. The main one is whenever the Pandora is put in low power mode. I used to think it was only when the trigger buttons and gaming controls were vigorously used in a game, as a consequence of the mapping of the triggers to key inputs (i.e. shift and ctrl). But it seems to happen reliably when shifting in and out of low power mode, and randomly at other times for reasons I can't determine. I once even had a status message come up, saying that sticky keys had been enabled when I hadn't changed the option manually.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, in case it's something that can be addressed in a future patch. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried using sticky keys the first day I got my Pandora, and it did somehow disable its self. However, I've since decided that using L as shift works just fine so I haven't bothered with it.

I like having both options.

It's just eerie that this one system preference should randomly shut off. It just happened to me now: I powered up the Pandora, logged in, and put it down on a table; about a minute after Xfce loaded, I got a status message saying sticky keys had disabled. Why? Maybe my Pandora is haunted.

Back