Still Having Problems With Quake

skaboy

Still Fresh
Hello again,

Further to my previous post (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26643), here's where I'm at:

I've installed Quake for the GP2X on my GP2X: I've used the copy supplied on the CD which comes with the GP and the one downloadable from this site. On the CD, the main file is Zipped and I've put it onto the SD card Zipped and Unzipped.

Within the "Quake" folder that is created upon copying of the Quake files, I've created an "SD1" folder. Into this SD1 folder, I have placed the PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK files from the original PC installation. These .PAK files are 17 and 34MB respectively.

Also within the SD1 folder, I have created "autoexec.cfg" and "config.cfg" files. These were not present anywhere so I created them myself: within Wordpad (Windows XP *spit*, with word wrap off), I have saved blank files as AUTOEXEC.CFG and CONFIG.CFG (caps on), de-selecting "text files" (.txt), in favour of "all files".

Upon booting on the GP, Quake reports that the .CFG files are present but will not enter into the game. The boot screen gives way to the "options / set-up" screen, when "Start" is pressed. Within the set-up menu (single player, multi-player etc.) the options are selectable via the joystick but any button press returns the screen to the boot display: "autoexec.cfg found" etc.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Down on the stick within the menu just takes me back to the top of the menu: nothing is selectable.

Apologies for double-posting: unintentional.

Purist posted on Mar 14 2006 at 04:34 AM said:
also, isn't the folder with the paks called id1, not sd1?

It is: I meant ID1 and that's what mines called

Last edited by a moderator:
Case closed: thanks all.

I never knew you could push the joystick IN: I don't recall reading that anywhere in the manual or the readme.

All Quaked up now though so thanks for your help and sorry for being a tiresome noob.

Back