Stuck & Dead Pixels Help!

ninjawiz2x

Still Fresh
This sucks my wiz has a bunch of random stuck pixels all over the screen , when I go into T-mode the white screen you can see the frequency move across the screen . Also in the bottom of the screen theres a a slew of dead ( solid black ) pixels :(

Wow, that sucks. This is the first I've heard of someone having this problem. I didn't even know if AMOLEDs were susceptible.

This sucks my wiz has a bunch of random stuck pixels all over the screen , when I go into T-mode the white screen you can see the frequency move across the screen . Also in the bottom of the screen theres a a slew of dead ( solid black "] pixels :(
My advice is to return it under warranty.[/quote]it has a warranty? I bought it on may 14th from play-asia

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you dropped it and damaged some of the row/column drivers.
I would believe that only problem is I never dropped it.

ru8wnn.jpg

vglgzo.jpg

2n1fhwl.jpg

ogevt5.jpg

That's nasty!
Never seen dead/stuck pixels in groups like that, on any screen.
If you're positive it's not your fault, send it back under warrenty asap. The odd bad pixel dotted around I could put up with, but that sucks.

Damn... That is really....$#@%

You get 6 months warranty, somehow GPH found it necessary to only add another 6 months if you register your device on their website.
Though I still haven't found the registering form....

Advice: Return it. :(

That is definetly not normal. That screen is very defective. By the way you couldn't get that from dropping it. That would probably give you a line out error (entire row(s) of bad pixels).

That looks like someone sneezed on the screen while it was being made. Return it.

I didn't even know if AMOLEDs were susceptible.
OLED panels are certainly capable of having dead pixels. Because each pixel is made up of a trio of RGB LEDs, you can have one, two or all three colors fail in a given pixel. The only thing you won't get is "stuck on" pixels like LCDs sometimes have.
One of the reasons OLED displays are so expensive is that such a large percentage of panels are thrown out because of manufacturing defects like this. It was the same when LCD and plasma displays were young technologies, so hopefully yeilds will improve with time.

The screen is slowly multiplying with them ( like a bad disease ) although its not noticible unless the whole screen is white like the first picture , but the group of dead ones in the bottom is the most annoying. So who do I return it to ? play-asia or gamepark? I literally threw out the box, receipt ect. the only receipts I have is my bank statement & account purchase statement in play-asia.

I literally threw out the box, receipt ect.
:eek: madness!

You'll want to return it to play-asia. Hopefully what you've still got is sufficient proof of purchase.

Thank you all for your responses, This is the 1st defective device or product from play-asia Ive ever received. i just hope the return process is as quick as possible , I am really enjoying my wiz :(.

Keep us updated to see how it turns out.

I've bought a lot of stuff from play-asia and curious to see how well they handle returns.

Back