'stuff' Arriving In Uk 22Nd March

MooTheKow said:
Wolfsclaw said:
Finally! Just two more months!

(It never gets old does it)

Or less true! My money is still on July at the soonest, though.

I'm pretty confident of July :D

We're so nearly there now! Again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
MooTheKow said:
Wolfsclaw said:

I'm pretty confident of July :D

We're so nearly there now! Again!

Yeah.. I had that same feeling in December though -- actually started getting excited about the product again then... only to be disappointed by delay after delay.

i predict that they will ship as they are finished, in order spread over a two weeks to a month, that month, provided that the parts do all arrive, being april :)

EDIT
i mean... if theyre there with say 50 built units, ready to be sent out after 2 days, they arent gonna sit there and not send them are they!

MooTheKow said:
Wolfsclaw said:

Well it better arrive before july 29, as that is my personal cut off date. If I haven't received mine by then, the 30th will be my cancellation day! My fiance gave me my preorder funds on that date 2 years ago for my birthday, so although preorders hadn't started at that time, I considered it my Birthday present for 2009! Now another B-day without, I can not take! I have to draw the line somewhere, and for me that is the day. That is a full 5 months from now, and I figure if the last puzzle piece can't be placed in 5 months, it's not gonna happen!

I am very optimistic about this new date, but I am very realistic also! I would guess many important items have to ship to the UK, things can get lost, damaged, and delayed! I would also say the 22nd is when the cases should be there, as everything else should be there well before these final cases arrive! I have already stated that I think it is good news that assembly moved to Craig's neck of the woods, as it should remove several hiccups that I "know" would have happened in the states!

Based on this new info, some Pandoras should begin to ship before the end of this month, I hope all goes well, and many can enjoy there long awaited units. Although I have a feeling the 22nd will end up being the shipping day "from" China, and not the actual "delivery" day, just a thought! :p

Good Luck To All! We are going to need it!

Chris

I wish Craig would stop posting these specific dates - all they do is raise hopes, which will no doubt be dashed again, as they already have been a hundred times over. Until they have the cases in transit and the other pieces in hand, they cannot be anywhere near certain of the date as far too many things can go wrong.

I would be happy if it were true, because it would mean I could hope to have my Pandora before my holiday in the second week in April - sod's law says it would be delivered when I'm away. Maybe I'll get it in time for my birthday, or Christmas...

neogramps said:
I wish Craig would stop posting these specific dates - all they do is raise hopes, which will no doubt be dashed again, as they already have been a hundred times over. Until they have the cases in transit and the other pieces in hand, they cannot be anywhere near certain of the date as far too many things can go wrong.

I would be happy if it were true, because it would mean I could hope to have my Pandora before my holiday in the second week in April - sod's law says it would be delivered when I'm away. Maybe I'll get it in time for my birthday, or Christmas...
Give the guy a break! If he said nothing until everything was in his posession, we would have no news for approx 3 weeks. The silence would be deafening, this place would be a total mess, utter carnage would occur.

I don't mind as long as Craig puts down the bottle before constructing me unit ;)

Edit: How many do you think they will be able to make per day?

Excellent! I'll spend my time waiting becoming a master at the game pick-up-sticks, I will school each and every one of you. Great news, thanks for the update!

shunun said:
So it looks like another 6-8 weeks before the first Pandora's are posted?

3 weeks until the parts arrive in UK
1 week before they're put together
2-4 weeks of unexpected delays (because something ALWAYS happens..)

So that means that its Still another 2 months?

Nation.A.List said:
Give the guy a break! If he said nothing until everything was in his posession, we would have no news for approx 3 weeks. The silence would be deafening, this place would be a total mess, utter carnage would occur.
He could expand on it just a little, give a bit of a cushion in the event something goes wrong. Instead of the definitive "Everything will be here the 22nd" why not "The factory has told us they will ship all 10000 on the 12th. With 10 day shipping, they should arrive on the 22nd."?
We get told exactly why Craig thinks they'll arrive on the 22nd, and a convenient scapegoat in the event things don't go exactly as planned.

WizardStan said:
Nation.A.List said:
He could expand on it just a little, give a bit of a cushion in the event something goes wrong. Instead of the definitive "Everything will be here the 22nd" why not "The factory has told us they will ship all 10000 on the 12th. With 10 day shipping, they should arrive on the 22nd."?
We get told exactly why Craig thinks they'll arrive on the 22nd, and a convenient scapegoat in the event things don't go exactly as planned.
I would say based on the last several years, this date is padded! I would guess the mould factory is due to start shipping within the next week, that would allow 2 weeks for 4000-10000 cases to get to the UK!

I just don't think the padding that has been applied will cover all the WTF?, went wrong moments we can all expect!

Chris

Mithrildor said:
shunun said:
So it looks like another 6-8 weeks before the first Pandora's are posted?

3 weeks until the parts arrive in UK
1 week before they're put together
2-4 weeks of unexpected delays (because something ALWAYS happens..)

So that means that its Still another 2 months?

bonk3.gif

jumpman said:
I would say based on the last several years, this date is padded! I would guess the mould factory is due to start shipping within the next week, that would allow 2 weeks for 4000-10000 cases to get to the UK!

I just don't think the padding that has been applied will cover all the WTF?, went wrong moments we can all expect!
I would say based on the last several years of never once having a single date padded that this date is not padded either. Two years of precedence has been set, no reason to think it would change now.

If Craig sends out the pandoras so that they'll start to arrive on the first of april without telling anyone, i'll literally love him forever.

To be honest, this seems kind of ridiculous. While I intend to follow this through till the end, I keep getting the impression of things that should have been thought of way ahead of time not being thought of till the last minute. The factory in Texas needed to wait to quote? Why? Hasn't MWeston known how to put these things together for some time now? Why was this change to making things in the UK not figured out quite awhile ago? Couldn't he have sent along information on what needs to be done a few months ago after CE testing was figured out?

Also, I realize that whatever case manufacturer this is in China has worked for some big shops, but they absolutely suck. Whatever happened to "as soon as it's ready we can pump out 10,000 in a week"? They were ready at the beginning of February and it sounds like they haven't gotten a damn thing more done with the Pandora cases to date. March 22nd? Really? That's nearly 3 weeks from now! How inept is this factory that they can't give a proper timeframe ever?

And yes, I realize the situation the OPT is in. In a lot of ways it's impressive what they are managing to pull off, but it pains me everytime I read of some sort of mistake that seems to be caused by severe naivety of the manufacturing process and failure to think ahead. Way back when the pre-orders first went up (when I initially ordered) the OPT seemed to have this idea that the cases would be a ridiculously simple thing and it would barely take any time at all and now look where that's gotten us. While the team seems to have learned a bit since those initial days (probably mostly due to the constant questioning and update seeking forums), I still get the impression that some of that naivety is still there and it's painful to see delay after delay like this.

</rant>

Back