'stuff' Arriving In Uk 22Nd March

wow, i did some work for a change and then had a few too many drinks and this thread got all lulzy.

and yannow, the booze really makes my desire to troll back far far less. viva la drunken! its definitely the way forward.

also: morons

Mjlink said:
Jumpman,

Just curious as to why you don't combine your 2nd and 3rd orders if not all three. Its not like your first order has been fulfilled. I placed two orders the first day, one for the Pandora, the rest for Accessories, which were later combined.

Peace & Space Queen,

Link

edit: thinking about it, combining would be in the community's interest as well, because boxing 3 separate orders will take longer than combining all into one, frees up space, saves some $ on shipping etc.
I actually did combine my first order, and my accesory order, but I don't think I can combine my later units with my first order, and keep my early place in line. Plus I paid express shipping for all 3 seperate orders, and I don't think they will refund if I do combine, but I would be willing to donate that cost if I could add my remaining 2 orders to the first. Maybe I'll ask the girls, and see what they say!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
@Craig: Have any cases been made yet?

Just seems that adding ANY date to this is silly.

Seems every date that has been set has been wrong.

Also - What's the situation with the silk screening?
It's just hard to see an answer on the status in other threads.

Might as well ask!

Thanks!

Monk said:
I'm just amused that Craig is bitching that people are treating him... like he treats GPH. Except when it's aimed at OpenPandora, it's not fair. When it's Craig aiming at GPH, it's fair :lol:

My order number? Sure. But it's been a blast looking up old posts again :)

Edit for PS. It's also scary how divided and anti-Pandora some of the GP2X forum members are. You think WE are hostile? YIKES! We're cuddly bunnies!!!

If Craig doesn't like the way the he and the OP team are being treated now just wait for the magazine and on-line reviews of Pandora start coming in. Those guy are going to be BRUTAL! With close to a 2 year delay, the high price tag, the now dated technology, and the current state of the OS, its gonna be messy. Expectation are going to be sky high. He would be wise to ship all the orders at once to prevent anyone from canceling before the Pandora reviews start rolling out.

Here's one for the team:

Does "stuff" include the mysterious "carry case" we've yet to see detailed pictures of? I'd like to get a good look at those things before I consider adding one to my order.

Before the rest of you link me: Yes, I've seen the hard case Craig posted a webcam shot of. I'm asking about the rest of it here and whether or not it's included with the shells and electronics that will be needed for assembly prior to shipping.

DisgruntleElf said:
Monk said:
I'm just amused that Craig is bitching that people are treating him... like he treats GPH. Except when it's aimed at OpenPandora, it's not fair. When it's Craig aiming at GPH, it's fair :lol:

Edit for PS. It's also scary how divided and anti-Pandora some of the GP2X forum members are. You think WE are hostile? YIKES! We're cuddly bunnies!!!

If Craig doesn't like the way the he and the OP team are being treated now just wait for the magazine and on-line reviews of Pandora start coming in. Those guy are going to be BRUTAL! With close to a 2 year delay, the high price tag, the now dated technology, and the current state of the OS, its gonna be messy. Expectation are going to be sky high. He would be wise to ship all the orders at once to prevent anyone from canceling before the Pandora reviews start rolling out.

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to cancel now...
1) You would be better of keeping hold of the unit and let it mature (Which it will)
2) Sell it on for small profit

I had a N900 and boy when I got that device out of the box it was terrible a few firmware updates and it is a lot better device.
Despite all the Pandora niggles there are people out there that want the device regardless. Your right Expectation are going to be sky high but we are seeing proof what it can do.

Hold on let me find it... Ah yes there it is:
nopompom.gif

Keep on truckin' OP.

Attachments

• nopompom.gif
    nopompom.gif
    554 bytes · Views: 87
I will be angry if there aren't a significant amount shipped by the end of April, honestly.

My tolerance for "2 months" is dwindling now, especially with this March 22 date for production. Seems to be great news, though.

roberthoward45 said:
i think i am getting addicted to waiting for the pandora i almost like it now
kinda weird

It's is a fun thing. But it's not something enjoyable. There have been MANY dates set for shipping and certain parts to be ready.

I have no faith in the cases being ready this month. We have heard no news other than "they'll start soon*"

* Soon being an unknown variable.

WOO HOO!! (very, very good news)

Thanks Prometheus!

I'm not going to sit and watch peoples twitter accounts.

But we have also heard that things will be ready many times.
I'm not going to hold my breath, but GOD DAMMED EXCITED ANYHOW!

Edit:
Not to be a wet blanket:
Faith can not speak chinese? There were already mixups due to that fact before - are we all sure of this fact?

noel said:
DisgruntleElf said:
Monk said:

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to cancel now...
1) You would be better of keeping hold of the unit and let it mature (Which it will)
2) Sell it on for small profit

I had a N900 and boy when I got that device out of the box it was terrible a few firmware updates and it is a lot better device.
Despite all the Pandora niggles there are people out there that want the device regardless. Your right Expectation are going to be sky high but we are seeing proof what it can do.

Is it worth more or less now than when you bought it?

kingoddball said:
WOO HOO!! (very, very good news)

Thanks Prometheus!

I'm not going to sit and watch peoples twitter accounts.

But we have also heard that things will be ready many times.
I'm not going to hold my breath, but GOD DAMMED EXCITED ANYHOW!

Edit:
Not to be a wet blanket:
Faith can not speak chinese? There were already mixups due to that fact before - are we all sure of this fact?

He can't, but someone he knows can and is acting as a translator between him and the factory (IIRC).

DisgruntleElf said:
Monk said:

I hope you're wrong there - I can see expectations being too high (we can see it all around us) but I also hope that most people have their expectations set the same place it was about 2 yearsa go - and the Pandora should be able to do/be all it was touted as then.

As for high price - you're kidding, right? ;)

Back