Super Bricked??

jjoe

Still Fresh
Yesterday after about a week with no playing i decided to pick up my gp2x and play on some sonic. But it wouldnt turn on, at first i thought it must be a battery problem so i stuck my AC adapter into it (known to work before) :unsure:

So is it bricked?

I had only taken it into skool once in that week and i didnt play on it, so its not like i was throwing it round. What can i do? it wont even turn on!

jjoe posted on Feb 8 2006 at 02:21 AM said:
Yesterday after about a week with no playing i decided to pick up my gp2x and play on some sonic. But it wouldnt turn on, at first i thought it must be a battery problem so i stuck my AC adapter into it (known to work before) :unsure:

So is it bricked?

I had only taken it into skool once in that week and i didnt play on it, so its not like i was throwing it round. What can i do? it wont even turn on!

Are the batteries touching the contacts? This happened to me once...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh that happened to me once somehow tose contacts got bent back so they werent touching the batteries

It doesnt boot, the screen is the same as when its off. And the batts were touching ok, plus i tried the DC.

Maybe the adapter has stopped the gp2x from working on batteries. I know something similar happened with my gp32 once.

Maybe you were using a positive tip for your DC adaptor and that screwed something up...

Derek

jjoe posted on Feb 8 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
Yesterday after about a week with no playing  i decided to pick up my gp2x and play on some sonic. But it wouldnt turn on, at first i thought it must be a battery problem so i stuck my AC adapter into it (known to work before) :unsure:

So is it bricked?

I sounds like the power switch may have become unsoldered a bit. If you try with batteries first and AC second and get the same result it sounds like the unit is getting no power. Does the LED even light up? If not it sounds like there could be a cold solder joint on the power switch. That is an easy fix if you are handy with an iron.

Or it could be set of coincidences. Your batteries could be dead *and* your ac adaptor has the wrong polarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to take this post off topic but somebody should create a game about a superhero and his quest to unbrick all the worlds GP2X's.

But if i open my gp, wont that ruin hte warrenty? btw theres no led lights lighting up also.

It shouldn't void the warrenty because apparently they never put a seal or anyway to check if it was opened so it will be our little secret ;)

Derek

If you've got yours from Lik-Sang, don't try. If you've got yours from anywhere else, they know what their customers are like and they'll replace it even if you open it (and even solder it, possibly).

Back