Super-duper Pandora Promotion

mazza558

I've been working on this for a while. Sorry it's in Powerpoint but I'm lazy. If someone wants to port it to flash then they can do, but for now, this'll do. It's an interactive presentation on the Pandora to someone who's never heard of it. Feedback would be cool.

Click here

:D

it looks ok, there are a couple of errors in there though.
1. although the system may well have the power to run doom3 its closed source (to my knowledge) and thus a port of it to the pandora would be very unlikely, the same goes for flight sim
2. saying its as powerful as a desktop while accurate for some of the much older systems, is very misleading
3. HD was never included in the spec for the system so it would be very doubtful that it could be run, and as there are no HD outputs on it even if it could be used HD on a screen that size would be pretty much pointless.
4. It is slightly large as a file and would be better in flash if you were hosting it on a dedicated page, but you have already coverd this.

Other than those points it seemed like a good presentation

doom 3 is gettin open soured
also h.274 or whatever can run, it just wont show in hd, afaik

PoisonedV said:
doom 3 is gettin open soured
also h.274 or whatever can run, it just wont show in hd, afaik
It'll be pretty near the lowest form of HD (720p) I reckon. It'll look pretty clear either way.

fischju2000 said:
Visually nice, but you haven't differentiated between the DSP and the PowerVR?
What is the difference? I hadn't thought of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
mazza558 said:
What is the difference? I hadn't thought of that.
Quite a bit.

The DSP is geared for processing the decode of audio or video playback from compressed sources (MP3, OGG, MPEG2/4, etc...) and that sort of stream processing tasks. This part of the SoC comes from TI.

The GPU is geared for 3D rendering, GPGPU, etc. This part of the SoC comes from Imagination Technologies and is similar in nature to the GMA500 GPU that's part of the Intel Atom initiative.

Spray190 said:
doom3 its closed source (to my knowledge) and thus a port of it to the pandora would be very unlikely, the same goes for flight sim
Read it again. Flight Gear is definitely open-source.

I'm curious why mazza558 feels the need to create advertising material for his "friends". You must be great fun at parties.

Spray190 said:
that or it was a business studies project or something that he decided to take further
Basically, yes.

mazza558 said:
Spray190 said:
that or it was a business studies project or something that he decided to take further
Basically, yes.

Really? A business studies project? Well, I'll tell you what I really think and I'm sorry it's not so nice: this is crap and useless, no offence. Why would someone read that presentation? Go to the website and you have the exact same informations. Not to mention that a ppt document to promote what should be an open source symbol is pretty lame. And a ppt, lets face it, is a bit old fashioned.

VRAndy said:
I'm curious why mazza558 feels the need to create advertising material for his "friends". You must be great fun at parties.
Sounds like you've never been to an Amway bash. PM for great deals.

Re the presentation - very nicely put together I thought.

In reference to the link racemaniac posted:

Patents suck ass tbh, but he probably could've gotten their patent thrown out by proof of prior art.

Gruso said:
Sounds like you've never been to an Amway bash. PM for great deals.
heh... I live right down the road from the Amway world headquarters. :rolleyes: Not sure if anyone else lol'd at that as much as I did. :lol:

Anyway, people make fan art and fan fiction... Why not fan promotion/advertisement? ;)

Back