Super Mario World

Kusanagi

Still Fresh
Just a question for you guys:
which is in your opinion the best super mario world hack you ever played?

[if you don't know what I'm talking about visit www.zophar.net and take a look to the snes hacks section!]

K'

The best currently are "Sendy's World Retro hack" and "UltraSMW" (a compilation of the very best levels from other hacks). Both work great on GP32 and with UltraSMW you are free to edit your own levels (the hack is not locked in Lunar Magic). If you do create your own levels then email the author and he will includude them in future releases.

Hope this helps you :)

Also Reality Mario 1 is worth a mention since the first level is a faithful version of the first level of marioland on the old b/w gameboy. I'd like to mention also that there is a hack of Final Fantasy III that is called Final Fantasy VII: Side Story and is a hack replacing the story and characters with those of FFVII. Not tried it yet, but will do soon :)

Azure posted on Apr 24 2004 at 08:47 PM said:
Super Demo World. It's really hard.
I tried the "the legend continues" version, it's really amazing but you have to expand the rom to 6 megabytes before patching it to make it work, and so it's unplayable on gp32 =|

Last edited by a moderator:
Sendy's retro hack uses the same sort of graphics (eg. like from SMB3) to Demo World but is playable on GP32. Difficulty rating is probably above average but is enjoyable noentheless :)

Back