Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 5 released

A small issue (not sure if that's a bug or a feature): if I suspend, close the lid, and flick the power switch, the system will wake up and light the screen - evidently not noticing that the lid is still closed. Usually it isn't a big problem, as it will go to low power mode after some time, but maybe this could be fixed, as the switch can be flicked accidentally when putting Pandora into the soft case (happened to me once).

sudo su

#history

sh: history: not found

!!!!!!!

works as user

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. dont know if that was discussed here but, I just install this new firmware on my e-wifi pandora. Everything seems snappy and working and all. I like the suspend feature, that was much needed to save battery. I even thought the internal wifi began to work too. The light is on and it seems the network and all, even prompt me to login I was getting excited about it, but it wont connect. Now comes my problem. it doesnt seem to recognise the usb wifi dongle.

ok. got it. i restarted and enabled usd host and the usd dongle automatically turn on and it connected.

The light is on and it seems the network and all, even prompt me to login I was getting excited about it, but it wont connect.

Look at this topic. Your WiFi might have a similar issue.

Don't know if somebody already had this problem/bug but it's verry annoying:

I mostly use miniMenu and recently updated from HF6 to SuperZaxxonB5 .. now when I remove the SD-card from slot 1 minimenu gets into a "search for pnd's on sd"-loop... it only stops when I put the card back in..

then I get to another problem/bug : sometimes minimenu doesn't scan the card in slot 1 after I ejected the sd-card.. when I put it in slot2 ot works..

hope that's not too confusing ;)

I just built to programs on Beta5: TrueCrypt v7.1a and Conky v1.9.0 (see repo)

Both work flawlessly on the system I built them on.

But when I try to execute them on a fresh Beta5 install, they don't start and report missin libiconv.so.2.

Shouldn't such an important library be included in the firmware?

Or is my fresh installation broken?

Daniel

Try to install the codec pack first. I think there was something...

Maybe, but I'd like my PNDs to run on a clean firmware install, too. It's strange if I write into the description of TrueCrypt and my other PNDs "Needs the Codec Pack to be installed".... ;-)

I'm trying to save a text file on my USB flash drive, and it behaves really strangely: I can access the USB drive (named "8G Removable Volume") from Thunar, so it is working fine. But when I'm trying to access it from Mousepad's Save As dialog (here it is named "8.0 GB Media") it shows me the message: "Could not mount 8.0 GB Media. Failed to execute child process "gnome-mount" (No such file or directory)". Geany does the same, so it's not Mousepad's fault.

I'm trying to save a text file on my USB flash drive, and it behaves really strangely: I can access the USB drive (named "8G Removable Volume") from Thunar, so it is working fine. But when I'm trying to access it from Mousepad's Save As dialog (here it is named "8.0 GB Media") it shows me the message: "Could not mount 8.0 GB Media. Failed to execute child process "gnome-mount" (No such file or directory)". Geany does the same, so it's not Mousepad's fault.

I had this problem on Zaxxon HF6 firmware with all GTK programs.

Code:
sudo opkg update

sudo opkg install gnome-mount

solved the problem.

However, in SZ Beta5 this problem should be fixed. I wonder why you experience this problem. For me, this problem does not exist anymore with Beta5.

Daniel

But when I try to execute them on a fresh Beta5 install, they don't start and report missin libiconv.so.2.

Daniel
I can confirm that Conky does not work on my old Hotfix 6, actualy when clicking on the PND, nothing seems to happen. I had an very old Conky that worked, but not every function so I hoped to have more working Conky Modules in the new version. ^^

I hope this can be fixed wihout any opkg actions.

Daniel
I can confirm that Conky does not work on my old Hotfix 6, actualy when clicking on the PND, nothing seems to happen. I had an very old Conky that worked, but not every function so I hoped to have more working Conky Modules in the new version. ^^

I hope this can be fixed wihout any opkg actions.

has been pulled from repo so guess being fixed?

An easy workaround is to browse to /media and access your USB drive there rather than clicking the icons on the left. It sounds like you haven't set a label for your USB drive, so it'll be under a folder called "sda1" (or some other number), I think.

I just noticed. In Beta5a, when I go to settings -> Blue tooth, it tells me that there is no bluetooth adapter present. And the switch menu to "enable bluetooth" does not work, basically. Any idea what is happening? I have a Pandora Rebirth edition.

Is it me or is the suspend MUCH less of a drain on the battery?

I use the pandora daily for bits and bobs but I'm noticing that the pandora has more change at the end of the day.

I normally change it every night but if I skip this it has change in the morning rather that dying at somepoint.

Suspend is indeed a lot less battery hungry, yes. It is more or less the same as saving a save state and turning off, and then automatically loading the save state when turning on, so...

Back