Support for International Customers?

Near_Kstor

Hey guys =] My first post here at the new forums - quite some time since the last time I have stopped by =P

I have a special question to those involved with the OpenPandora group...

Are there any plans to include new payment methods for international customers?

I have tried buying a Pandora for me twice, but living in Brazil is quite difficult to find a secure and unexpensive way to send money to the OpenPandora bank account... IF I could pay with International MasterCard or Visa - even PayPal - I could already have my 1st Batch Pandora in my hand by now... But I'm still waiting... And hoping my prayers are answered =/

Can any member of the OpenPandora Team answer my question? I would really apreciate that...

Thanks in advance

Oi! where in Brazil do you live? I lived there for two years, 2006-2008, in Sao Paulo SP.

Anyway, when I lived there I didn't get packages that my family sent me, everything out of the country is jacked somewhere between the US and Brazil. The only packages I got 100% was from UPS and I had to pay an import tax no matter what the value is listed as(it had a minimum that seemed to change with every package that was listed as 'old cloths - 0 value).

You should do a money transfer, I think that is the only way.

RodrigoCard, are you from Brazil also? You guys should find someone who travels back and fourth, I was on my Mission for my Church when I lived there and when I wanted something my parents and friends found a missionary traveling form the US to Brazil as a first option and mail or UPS as a second. Do you guys have family in the US? I'm going to Brazil in February but I'm sure you guys don't trust me, also I don't think batch 2 will be done by then. I also won't be going to SP, I'll be in Maceió, AL.

How much do money orders cost to send there? Is it an extorted rate?

I have tried buying a Pandora for me twice, but living in Brazil is quite difficult to find a secure and unexpensive way to send money to the OpenPandora bank account... IF I could pay with International MasterCard or Visa - even PayPal - I could already have my 1st Batch Pandora in my hand by now... But I'm still waiting... And hoping my prayers are answered =/
Payments are by google checkout now. It's like paypal, but less questionable behavior. You can use a credit card for such transactions. If that's your only concern, I don't think it will be a problem.

I`m not sure Brazil is supported by Google Checkout =/

In fact, I have a friend that is staying in France for some months to study and I was considering sending him the money so he could personally deposit it to the OpenPandora bank account. But sending him the money would still be heavely taxed (Something close to 30%). Of course, not to mention the IMPORT taxes afterwards - which are the heaviest taxes brazilian people faces.

So no, all those types of international money transfer would cost me close to USD100 , not considering the import taxes afterwards. An online and direct paying method would be perfect. I have never had a problem buying from e-bay or Play-Asia using PayPal or my international Visa. That's I hope to see OpenPandora adopting one of those payment methods...

EDIT: I have heard some rumours Google Checkout would arrive in Brazil this november/december! I shall take a look at it and hope it is available and as easy to use as PayPal! - But still hoping for alternatives in case it`s not available yet =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Paypal was available but revoked due to a maximum delivery time between payment and getting the stuff. That is part of the paypal terms of contract. I don't remember and didn't find on the forum what exactly the time was - but it was shorter than the actual two years for sure.

If the Pandora is available on stock, then there could be paypal orders again. But that decision belongs to OPT.

(I think they'll prefer prepaid until end of batch 2.)

I'll be hoping for PayPal Support for now

Also, my imports up until now have gotten past the taxes. Hopefully, I'll see my future Pandora arriving with no taxes aplied (IF taxes are applied, I'll have to pay aprox. USD130, maybe less, maybe much more). Usually, for international business, we try to agreed of marking a lower declared price when shipping, so the taxes applied are lower.

Well, for now I guess I'll have to settle down... I'm still paying my AlienWare (which is totally worth it, btw) So I guess my Xmas present will have to arrive much later... yet. 3 months is nothing when we have already waited 2 years, huh

RodrigoCard, are you from Brazil also? You guys should find someone who travels back and fourth, I was on my Mission for my Church when I lived there and when I wanted something my parents and friends found a missionary traveling form the US to Brazil as a first option and mail or UPS as a second. Do you guys have family in the US? I'm going to Brazil in February but I'm sure you guys don't trust me, also I don't think batch 2 will be done by then. I also won't be going to SP, I'll be in Maceió, AL.

I used to know some people that could bring me these things (I got a Rock Band 1 kit this way :p ) when I worked for a local IT company 2 years ago... but now that I kicked everything off to make games (Well, I didnt finish one yet... :p ), the things got hard, Every cent is important.

Actually, I dont know how much costs a direct bank transfer, cause I never needed to do one, but I know it is burocratic and discouraging.

I`m not sure Brazil is supported by Google Checkout =/

(...)

EDIT: I have heard some rumours Google Checkout would arrive in Brazil this november/december! I shall take a look at it and hope it is available and as easy to use as PayPal! - But still hoping for alternatives in case it`s not available yet =/

looks like they are supporting it since october, when they launched the Android Market here. Problem solved? :) ...Maybe not until there are Pandoras avaible... :p

I'll be hoping for PayPal Support for now

Also, my imports up until now have gotten past the taxes. Hopefully, I'll see my future Pandora arriving with no taxes aplied (IF taxes are applied, I'll have to pay aprox. USD130, maybe less, maybe much more). Usually, for international business, we try to agreed of marking a lower declared price when shipping, so the taxes applied are lower.

Yes, thats the way we are forced to do this over here. Declare a (supposedly illegal) lower value. I wonder if pandora team would agree doing this for a Pandora sent to here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have talked to Jacquelyn about that part and she said they could declare a lower value when shipping...

If I'm able to use Google CheckOut now from Brazil, perhaps my wait for the Pandora won't have to be so long after all =]

What a coincidence, I live in Maceio, AL, and I'm feeling I'll be in the same situation :(

I live in Sao Paulo, just bought one of the premium Pandoras and I got here withou any major issues. I had in fact to call UPS here in Brazil, and let them know my CPF (just like a SSN in USA). It seems that customs is now using a new software to track people importing too many things.

Back