Release Switch GUI: Openbox

It's the repo version and another member of open-consoles has the same thing.
I used pndmanager, i'll try without it.

EDIT : my mistake, it works now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ello there,

I know I know ...I m a bit late again.

Almost one year after that PND got released and found its way into the repo. =)

...but I have got a short question :

Is it possible to add a "overclock" submenu directly into the menu.xml ? cO

i.e. : - Set Clock Speed to 1000 Mhz , 1100 Mhz and 1200 Mhz ?

Or maybe even a "TV-Out" submenu to activate and deactivate the

TV-Out directly from the menu.

If yes, how do I do so ? =)

Thank you !

P.S. :  Awesome work with that OpenBox GUI =D

(I have set that one as default GUI now.)

I have an issue with openbox where usb wifi does not work.  Any idea?

Edit:  Never mind.  Just have to enable Wifi Applet in addition to enabling USB Host.

That's doable. I haven't got around to installing openbox after upgrading to SZ 1.55, but I'll give a proper answer when I do.

For now though, you could add "/usr/bin/configbutton &" to autostart, and choose the CPU/TV-out options from the panel, like in XFCE.

That's doable. I haven't got around to installing openbox after upgrading to SZ 1.55, but I'll give a proper answer when I do.

For now though, you could add "/usr/bin/configbutton &" to autostart, and choose the CPU/TV-out options from the panel, like in XFCE.
Thx for reply ! =)

I just gave this solution a try.

Thats going to do its job as well for now.

Thx !

I too am getting this error now when going to the System menu.

Menu > Programs > System

My error is:

Invalid output from pipe-menu "cat /var/volatile/tmp/obcache/13"

What are these errors?

Can I clear these off easily somehow?

I really like Openbox as a GUI

That's sorted it, thanks Shenmue.

I originally d/l the Codec pack for use with The Tube program, as a prerequisite.

Does this mean that it's a case of having one or the other, either;

-The Tube and no System menu within Openbox

or

-No The Tube/Codec pack, and System menu within Openbox

If so, I'll probably reinstall the Codec pack and just go without the settings menu tbh, and switch GUI if need to access it ever.

I like The Tube

Once the codecpsck is installed you can delete it and progrsms depend on it still work. It installs its things to the nand so deleting it afterward is ok

Once the codecpsck is installed you can delete it and progrsms depend on it still work. It installs its things to the nand so deleting it afterward is ok
Or you can move it to a folder that does not end up in the menu. E.g. make a folder /media/sdcardname/pandora/not_used/ and put it there. That's what I usually do with "installer" PNDs.

I'm having trouble with my Pandora key killing apps sometimes. I've checked my keyboard config in rc.xml and its the same as on the Wiki. 

I noticed earlier on in the thread there was a problem with that, but apparently got rectified in a new release. Anyone know of any issues in the current version? 

I've searched this thread and can't seem to find an answer. I've used OB for some time, however, I've never gotten it completely to my liking. I'd like to display the date and time and in general, get the hang of the tint2 and warlock bars. I've fooled with the settings, but no joy. Icons show up on the left of my screen which is OK, but the only ones that show up are the battery time/percentage, network, bluetooth and icons for any apps that are running. I can't seem to get the clock to show up. Any ideas? Thanks.

Where are the log files located? I'd like to find out why openbox's cpu usage spikes to 95% for 30 seconds everytime I switch kbd layout back to default

How to configure all windows to open in fullscreen by default?
Don't know, but you can use Right Shoulder + 5 to make 99% of the stuff fullscreen.
Thanks!

Edit: 30 seconds

There's probably a good, reproducible way to do it, but myself I'd open a terminal and run top in it, set to sort by CPU%, then trigger the fault and watch what pops to the top.

I did that, the fault is the change of kbd layout back to default and openbox is what pops up, using 95% of the cpu

I did that, the fault is the change of kbd layout back to default and openbox is what pops up, using 95% of the cpu
Okay, in that case you'll need to delve inside those apps, and do what's termed profiling on them.  I suspect there are enough symbols in the openbox exes to mean you shouldn't need the source or any debug files to get basic profiling working on them, but I'll have to leave how you'd do it specifically to you, as I don't use openbox, and I'd have to refresh my memory on profiling compiled programs anyway. But even if you profile it and find out what functions it's spending its time in, you'll then need the source so you can read what those functions are doing.

Back