Take down the links for buying the OpenPandora?

ibisum

Hi gang,

I've been doing my (little) bit to promote the Pandora all over the webo'sphere lately, and one of the things that *keeps* coming up whenever I mention the Pandora is "but you can't actually buy one, and when you try to buy one you get this dodgy page that makes the whole project look like a scam, so..."

Now, you and I both know the Pandora is no scam, and that it is a wonderful device - but its not doing any help to our community for newcomers to come here and see these difficult shop landing pages that don't really make sense, and don't really help much when it comes to letting people know what the current status of the project is.

So, can we either a) get an 'official' link to be used in all Pandora discussions which explains the current availability/status of the Pyra project, or B) take down the existing shop links to avoid further confusion, or some c) combination of both?  It'd really help the pimping effort if we could just get a stable impression for newcomers, is my opinion ..

As far as I can tell its this link:

http://boards.openpandora.org/images/order-button.png

.. which is on the landing page (big green button) when you go here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/page/homepage.html

.. folks are arriving, trying to place an order, and getting confused - "that item is no longer in stock".

My preference - if DragonBox is the only place to buy one right now, then the multiple links to different regions (and shops) should be taken down - as this is confusing newcomers and turning people away.  I know of at least 3 people who have tried to buy the Pandora and gone away with the conclusion that its not possible .. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if something has changed 'behind the scenes' but I get directed here when clicking buy now, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Not sure if something has changed 'behind the scenes' but I get directed here when clicking buy now, which seems pretty reasonable to me.
Don't know how you got there, when I click the OpenPandora menu in the forums, and click Order Now, I then pick the UK, and select DragonBox, I get a message on DragonBox saying
There is 1 error

This product is no longer available.

« Back

Don't know how you got there, when I click the OpenPandora menu in the forums, and click Order Now, I then pick the UK, and select DragonBox, I get a message on DragonBox saying
You're using the "order now" button on the "homepage" while Mr_Loon used the button next to all the categories on the forum.

The one on the homepage should be changed to the one used in the forum.

while Mr_Loon used the button next to all the categories on the forum.
Ah okay, found it - that button is only visible when you visit the forums though. If you go to www.openpandora.org, you don't see it...

Just to be clear: With "Homepage", we're talking about 

http://boards.openpandora.org/page/homepage.html

And that one does behave strangely.
Aah, I see the problem now, has anyone PM'd ED? Doubt it would take more than 30 seconds to fix this.

Also noticed that even with the correct link 1Ghz units are shown as out of stock. Is this correct? I thought there were still units left to be sold.

Thanks ED - I will continue to promote and direct newcomers to the appropriate place .. is there a direct link to purchase that I can use, as you prefer?

Buying an OpenPandora? How about being one of the first to buy your very own DragonBox?

Hello Fellow pandorians, I am selling my Dragonbox. Very little use.

It has a capacity of 10 Lt (not sure how many Gb that is, but google physics tells me that 10Lt it is still subject to only 1G).

The colours are transparant and the lid is ultra flashy retro-pink. (ultra wide, giga-pixel resolution)

It is rugged, you can drop it from 2 feet and it will not break.

It has room for many applications.

Want to store 5 type of styluses? They just fit inside. There is also room for a full blown keyboard (not included)

If interested, PM me.

Photo0092.jpg

View attachment 10780

Back