Tales of a Pandora user

IMO the price is only a part of the problem. The main issue is the spec for the price you have to pay. For me the Pandora is totally worth it and if my CC256MB broke I'd buy a rebirth as soon as I had the cash but to the average punter the Pandora is just old tech.

That's why I said "Price is not everything" :)

"Wow that laptop is REALLY small!" is what I get mostly.

How much are people willing to pay for a laptop? Because that's essentially what it is - OK, it has some disadvantages compared to normal laptops (tiny screen and keyboard, slower CPU, less RAM), but it also has some advantages (huge battery life, built-in game controls, extreme portability). So in terms of functionality they are different but I'd say roughly equivalent.

What do people pay for laptops? I would say typically between 250 and 500 EUR, but up to 1000 EUR or even 1500 EUR for a high-end one.

Given that the Pandora is not produced by huge companies who can get massive economies of scale for their components, a price of ~300 EUR for a base model, ~450 EUR for a standard model, ~650 EUR for a high-end model is not unreasonable at all.

If you have difficulty to justify the price tag, think "ultra-portable laptop", not "fancy DS".

Back