Tekken 5 Xiaoyu's Plot?

V3X

Dance Pac-man. DANCE!!!!
Website
Visit site
just been loitering the the tekken site and read xiaoyu's story and it kinda sounds like she's gonna try to bring back heihachi from the dead. coz as sum of u know, heihachi is dead( or is he? ). have a geez at this pic
notdead.jpg

to me it looks like heihachi finaly joined body with ogre.

link to xiaoyu's story:
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekke...r/xiaoyu_e.html

what do u ppl think?

Hah...that's pretty cool! I knew the old geezer would be back one way or another.

I'm looking forward to T5 no matter what the VF-fanboys say. Yeah, 4 wasn't the best in the series, but Tag was seriously underrated and T2 is still one of the best 3D fighters around. If they keep their promise of making this one more 'fun', then I'm buying.

Huxley posted on Sep 6 2004 at 10:45 PM said:
Hah...that's pretty cool! I knew the old geezer would be back one way or another.

I'm looking forward to T5 no matter what the VF-fanboys say. Yeah, 4 wasn't the best in the series, but Tag was seriously underrated and T2 is still one of the best 3D fighters around. If they keep their promise of making this one more 'fun', then I'm buying.

I've think that Tekken 3 simply is the best fighter ever - and though I like T4, I simply see it as the same game with better gfx.

BTW: haven't gotten that link working

Last edited by a moderator:
its lei, not fei, but i 4giv u :p
in tekken tag i can kick evry1 of my friends asses with Bryan Fury and Lei Wulong!

oh and in t3 ling xiaoyu's ending movie is hilaroius when hei turns his head and gets the crap beaten out of him :lol:

V3X posted on Sep 7 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
its lei, not fei, but i 4giv u :p
in tekken tag i can kick evry1 of my friends asses with Bryan Fury and Lei Wulong!

Doh... haven't played it for a while. I usually alternate between Lei and Jin in T3, but am a pretty fair player with most of them. Could also pick Eddy Gordy just to hear my opponent bitch about my choice of charater :p

V3X posted on Sep 7 2004 at 01:38 PM said:
oh and in t3 ling xiaoyu's ending movie is hilaroius when hei turns his head and gets the crap beaten out of him :lol:
I remember that, that stupid 'Xiaoyuland' which turns into Heihachi land and has golden statues of him everywhere :)

I thought TTT was identical to T3 except for the graphics, but Tekken Bowl was fun, admit it.

Actually, Rico, I believe some of the game's play was tweaked from 3 to Tag, i.e. Eddy Gordo wasn't such an easy to play and win the game character.

Anyways, it's confusing to me. It seems like Xiayou hates Heihachi yet she wants to save his ass? OK...

Anyways, if anything Heihachi will be cloned, prolly trying to use the devil/ogre genes. The guy never dies, ever. I remember my friends and I (they were the 'Tekken Krew' at the arcade I hung out at) joking around about him. Heihachi the decaying corpse. Heihachi the skeleton. Heihachi the coffin. Heihachi the pile of dust.

Anyways, yeah, hopefully this will be a better Tekken than 4. I loved Tag, but 4 was kind of weak.

And it's interesting to see that Namco decided to put Wesley Snipes in the game. :smirk:

EDIT: Yes, I say 'Anyways' a lot.

I agree with gimp here...she is a lame character, although I used to do crazy moves with her.

Sexually.

Well, that was the plan. The tickets to Heihachiland were ordered, my condoms were in the briefcase, but she just stopped returning my calls.

NssOne posted on Sep 8 2004 at 07:31 AM said:
Actually, Rico, I believe some of the game's play was tweaked from 3 to Tag, i.e. Eddy Gordo wasn't such an easy to play and win the game character.
Actually, I was simplifying with 'identical'. Sure they added a few characters and moves. And weakening Eddy 'Do you want some wine with that cheese?' Gordo and his spasticated reggae asskicking moves was a very good idea. Pity they didn't do the same with Lei and his gigantic kicks that don't look like they do a lot of damage but do, or Law. Nothing specific about him, they should just have weakened him. Maybe given him pink clothes or a tiny head or something. I fucking hate Law.

Soul Calibur is better in my opinion, but Tekken is head and shoulders above whatever is the third best 3D beat em up. Well, anything 3 or after that is. 1 and 2 were dead shit.

This is the order in which I rate them.

Tag > 3 > 4 > 2 > 1

Tag was played at the rice pace, and had all of the characters. 3 was like Tag, but without Kunimitsu, which is a shame because she is great. I can't pinpoint what was wrong with 4, but something was lacking.

I can't pinpoint what was wrong with 4, but something was lacking.

Let's see, a decent fighting engine for one? The fighting in the game was so cheesy. Whatever fighting engines they used in Tekken 4 and SC 2 were just horrid. A lot of combos just didnt fit right in SC2. And Tekken 4 fights were usually rather quick.

It also lacked a large enough collection of characters. 2 was still better than 4. Actually, Tekken 2 is considered one of the best fighters of all time. Although I would have to say Tag is better, but still better than 4.

LHC posted on Sep 8 2004 at 05:54 PM said:
I can't pinpoint what was wrong with 4, but something was lacking.
Tekken 4 isn't lacking anything, look at the all the features it's got!

Sloppy controls
More button-bashing friendly
Stupidly easy reversals and escapes
Overpowered jabs
Returning fighters lost some of their best attacks
Less fighters
Easily broken multiple part throws
Adjusted moves to make fighting less tactical and more 'arcade' (e.g. WGF -> high, not mid)
Tiny arenas (e.g. crowd level)
Not only are the combos harder to perform, but they can be broken much more easily by a button basher, destroying any skill a veteran player has accumulated and instead making the game free reign for newbies!

haha im glad ive never played 4 it sounds terrible. tag was a pretty incredible game though. 5 sounds like its gonna be pretty nice........... bryan fury is without a doubt the best character in the game

The best in the Tekken series is either 2 or Tag. I'd go for Tag myself, but I also have a soft spot for 2's insane jumps and chunky graphics.

I remember how the press slated Tag on its PS2 release for being 'more of the same'. No shit, Sherlock! Doesn't make it a bad game. Wankers.

Back