Temporarily wonky up key on DPAD: how to diagnose?

origimbo

Still Fresh
I was playing with my (everybody's) favourite toy last night and the "up" direction on the Dpad starting misbehaving, first jamming on, then refusing to register at all. After experimenting with the input tester to confirm the pro, i decided I'd deal with it in the morning, and put it aside. This morning the up key refused to work at all for 15 minutes, to the point where I was considering my options for a hardware fix. Then, suddenly it started working again and has done for another 10 minutes of experimenting. I know Heisen-bugs are the worst, and hard to diagnose, but does anyone have any ideas on what went wrong and/or how I can prevent/fix a repeat?

Sounds like you had something interfering with the contact. If that has now been displaced by your testing then your Dpad may well work fine from now on.

Was this the first time you've seen this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, first time I'd seen it. I then had the 10 second version while on the train to work, but it cleared itself up more rapidly too. Dirty contact certainly makes sense. It seems the Pandora can suffer from the curse of the biscuit crumb just like other devices.

Back