The Big List Of Official Dev Team Updates

Is this info (quoted below for ease of reading) worth adding, Chip?

MWeston said:
Actually, the buttons are designed to be placed in any of the holes, so we were just planning on using the SNES layout. It really doesn't seem like a legal concern Nintendo would care about but iControlPad will be a test run for Pandora and we shall see what happens!
(Unless I'm misreading it badly, it seems like it concerns the button layout of the Pandora at least in some way, in spite of the thread being about the iControlPad.)

Last edited by a moderator:
realmraellis said:
I am dieing for the apparent flood of videos in July. Lol
Did I say there would be a flood of videos?

All I can find is 'Well, back to work for us, we should be posting more videos in July.'

Sorry if I said there would be a 'flood', There are more videos than have been posted, but it is much the same stuff.

realmraellis said:
There have been nine (., 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) so far. Not good enough?

PS - that last one is new.

craigix said:
realmraellis said:
Did I say there would be a flood of videos?

All I can find is 'Well, back to work for us, we should be posting more videos in July.'

Sorry if I said there would be a 'flood', There are more videos than have been posted, but it is much the same stuff.

I never saw your comment on it to be honest. I only saw a few posts on here saying about it. The big July news and loads of videos etc. So i guess that's why people shouldn't take forum talk for fact. ;)

No biggie though as whatever news you are close to putting up and the video's chip are posted are a bit to whet my appetite for now. :)

Chip said:
realmraellis said:
There have been nine (., 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) so far. Not good enough?

PS - that last one is new.

Wow. I didn't know there was that many. :blink:

Thanks for them Chip. They will be cool to watch over and over. One question though what's with no sound on most of them. The Pandora's sound is working isn't it?

no.. aparrently not at least on some of the dev boards notaz just mentioned that the WIP linux kernel he is runnning atm doesn't have sound in his quake 2 video on the pandora aka the FPU test

Prometheus said:
Is this info (quoted below for ease of reading) worth adding, Chip?

MWeston said:
Actually, the buttons are designed to be placed in any of the holes, so we were just planning on using the SNES layout. It really doesn't seem like a legal concern Nintendo would care about but iControlPad will be a test run for Pandora and we shall see what happens!
(Unless I'm misreading it badly, it seems like it concerns the button layout of the Pandora at least in some way, in spite of the thread being about the iControlPad.)

Good find. I think it's worth adding to the list.

Awesome work Chip!!! I love how you can always back up your information with a reference and that you are sharing this list with everyone.

It's helpful and knowledgeable people like you (along with devs and site administrators) that make this one of the best communities on the internet, Period.

Official word on durability from MWeston:

MWeston said:
<snip>

a lot of consideration is going into the design to make it sturdy and "flex proof". It might add a several grams to the weight by not going with a hollow tube with a PCB in it, but I prefer it that way. I have taken apart many, many electronic devices over the years to learn what works and what doesn't, plus we have a great mechanical engineer on the task of solid case design.

Our assembler and manufacturers make products for companies like Nokia so this won't be some two bit operation in the back of someone's garage.

<snip>
:)

[edit] More from MW today:

A few details on power supply: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=f...&pid=634345

Picture of USB & AV connectors: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=f...&pid=634353

I feel like a dirty stalker. :ph34r:

Gruso said:
[edit] More from MW today:

[...]

I feel like a dirty stalker. :ph34r:
You missed one :p

"Pandora supports 802.11,b,d,e,g,i,k"

;)

I added the one about case details. The one about the power lights is a little too common-sense compared to the gory details we've been getting recently :p

Back