The Big List Of Official Dev Team Updates

Someone please add this to the first post:

Sept. 17 Some hardware changes
Sept. 28 The custom TV-out cable will NOT be included in the package but will be sold as an optional extra
(and maybe this; not sure if it's news or not)

Also, I think it would be a good resource to add the following links to the first post, so that people can see for themselves if something wasn't mentioned here:

Posting histories of developers listed on openpandora.org:
craigix
DJWillis
EvilDragon
mfk (aka. Fatih)
MWeston
Squidge

DaveC (listing DaveC on the bottom because his recent posting history doesn't seem to be very Pandora-related)

Last edited by a moderator:
TV-out links worked for me, but I changed it anyway. Still works for me, hopefully for everybody else too.

The displayed post date is based on your local time zone. When Michael posted the info about the solder points, it was still the 16th in the US :D

Haven't seen a link yet to this video that zodttd put up on October 4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xXtYmZa4yM

Sound works with one kernel and the gamepad works with another so it's still a work in progress due to OSS incompatibilities in the kernels. It will get worked out, but still not at 100%.

Does this means bad things :( ?

why isn't this thread pinned anymore?

and the emulator list and the port list? who unpinned those and why?

It's like cream - if there are new posts it rises to the top.

It is possibly more effective as there is only one 'read me' type thread that then links to the others. we should at least try it as new members were not taking any notice of the other pinned threads. And lets try not to clutter them up too much...

TaG said:
It is possibly more effective as there is only one 'read me' type thread that then links to the others.

i have my doubts that it's more effective - because the title of that new meta thread doesn't say what the formerly pinned sub-threads are about (news, emulation, ports). you're right, we'll see how well it's going to work...

There's a blog update by EvilDragon:

It has been a while since you got a blog update - I KNOW you were waiting for one.
Well, that problem with PayPal and your MASSIVE preorders including hundreds of eMails to reply to did take some time, so we did not have much time to do blog updates.
As the Pandora is coming close to a release now, we also had to do a lot of organization work so that everything will come together nicely.

Still, we were working on other stuff for the Pandora, too, so here is a brief update:

- We did some font tests for the GUI (gmenu2x - and another one is in development, so you should have two GUIs soon :)). The gp2x font was way too small on such a high resolution screen, so we did some testings and found out what font size is readable and what not. With the font fixed, gmenu2x is now fully working on the Pandora the same way it is on the gp2x. Now we can focus on improvements. I'll post a video soon - but I'm out of the office until October 19th, please be patient until that time :)

- The last components and fixes for the prototype case are being applied at the moment. That includes the keyboard mat and the hole for the stylus. Shouldn't be too long now until the case is finished.

- There will be pictures of the FINAL boards here soon. Together with the case, that will mean we can finally show you pictures of the final prototype unit!

- Thanks for all your suggestion you made regarding the PXML file format. I'm currently enhancing the format, making it XML compliant and will post an updated version until the end of the week. Thanks goes to you guys :)

gibberish said:
many words and no substance.
:blink:

I thought it was a good update. It's exactly the kind of thing people keep asking for - a few morsels of information so everyone can see how it's moving along.

Importantly it puts to rest the argument of "you can just move the keys around"; we've now got solid confirmation that they're using a mat for the keys. Such a mod would still be possible, but it would now be much more involved (you'd actually have to cut out the keys you want to move).

Of course, this was likely anyway, but still nice to have.

Tobriand said:
Importantly it puts to rest the argument of "you can just move the keys around"; we've now got solid confirmation that they're using a mat for the keys. Such a mod would still be possible, but it would now be much more involved (you'd actually have to cut out the keys you want to move).

Of course, this was likely anyway, but still nice to have.
You are definitely wrong.
The keys and the mat are separate, you can see that on the pic. That's really cool, because the keys will be made from hard plastic. I hate rubber keys :)

Edit:
They could offer spare key-sets later on for a DIY localized keyboard layout :D

Edit2:
Chip:
There will be a soft rubber membrane with contact pads that sits on top of this, and plastic keys on top of the membrane.

Back