The Big List Of Official Dev Team Updates

Since blog entries are not direct-linkable, below is the entirety of the latest entry for linking purposes:

PCB See
posted by craig
Here are some photos of the final version of the Pandora PCB as promised.

Click on them for bigger.

Fancy a game of spot the difference?

I spotted a difference. The render has 11 keys on the last row while that picture shows 12.

morgushong said:
I spotted a difference. The render has 11 keys on the last row while that picture shows 12.
I'm sure I just answered this...
The render shows the space key taking two, er, key spaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
TaG said:
I'm sure I just answered this...
Oh, you did. BTW, the new board is red, instead of green. But that's also been discussed.

For those not following along, look at the last couple pages here.

shits mad hot.
also, nice to see they used a community design. was that novas?

Chip said:
ashdjones said:
Well, for example there have been posts about the firmware being based on Gmenu2x ontop of a desktop type linux, is that not significant?
Not really. When there are screenshots or videos or source code, then it'll make the list. :)

Now that there is a video, it's added :p

Chip said:
Now that there is a video, it's added :p

Wow, just wow; amazing to see :D B) Keep up the amazing work guys :D

Chip, can you also link to the blog post here, please, i think that the photos are noteworthy of mention :D

Ok, since the "posting histories" links don't work for some reason, let me try this again.

Here are the links to the forum profiles of all the developers listed on openpandora.org (I think these should be added to the first post of this thread, so that people can check themselves if there's some news that has not yet been added):

craigix
DJWillis
EvilDragon
mfk (aka. Fatih)
MWeston
Squidge

notaz, while not listed on the official website, seems to also be part of the team

DaveC (listing DaveC on the bottom because his recent posting history doesn't seem to be very Pandora-related)

ERrmm... No money will be made on the first 4000 orders because of the falling stock market?

That *TOTALLY* sucks. I was hoping you guys would have made some cash to keep you happy for a year or so, at least, as a group .. Sorry to hear that. I'll put some more cash in the dev fund ..

it's not because of the falling stock market, it's because of the crazy money markets. Currency exchanges are sliding in unpredictable ways.

torpor said:
ERrmm... No money will be made on the first 4000 orders because of the falling stock market?

That *TOTALLY* sucks. I was hoping you guys would have made some cash to keep you happy for a year or so, at least, as a group .. Sorry to hear that. I'll put some more cash in the dev fund ..

The dev fund does not benefit the Pandora Hardware/OS etc devs but software devs.

Currency rates probably mean that costs in $/£ for parts have now increased. The other reason for profit reduction is the increased RAM and NAND.

Back