The biggest computer/gaming mistake you have ever made.

Playstation Eye for the PS3. I bought it for the purpose of video-confrencing. It only took a couple of tries to discover how bad video confrencing is on the PS3.

Years ago, buying a 800 MB Harddrive for about 250€ (my whole summerjob money) - where I could only use ~500MB of as my hardware was to old to support more. And it filled up with games really fast four or five months later, when the first CD-Games where released, heralding the age where limited space on floppies wasn't a problem any more, and games got "fat"

A couple of years ago I purchased one of these for $600...

gizmondo-4.jpg

Regrettably. :(

No regrets about Gizmondo. I got to go to E3 for free when the xbox 360 was released.. it was prolly the best time of my life so far :)

also swapped a spare Gizmondo for a Wii so all in all v good :p

regrets... probably forgetting head tags in front of everyone in my class when I was showing off that I could make hand coded websites ultra fail that I get constantly reminded of.

Back in the day I was writing music in Midi and thought a £200 Audacity 2+ sound card (with the front face plate full of connectors) would make everything sound great... it did nothing at all to midi sounds (I think I needed a synth).

Also I bought the GP2X cradle + a mini mouse and tiny keyboard, then the first time I plugged it in I put the wrong adaptor in the GP2X and fried it.

In the early 90's I buyed a 4MB RAM upgrade for my 386 PC to have phenomenal 8MB overall RAM :D

The tiny 4MB RAM cost me 300 D-Mark these times, that were €150! :-||" RAM was expencive these days but I guess it was extremeley expencive when I buyed it, some Chip Factory was blown up or something like this.

Biggest Gaming mistake for me was "UNREAL 2". Words can't describe my disappointment over this game. It was not even a pale shadow of Unreal 1. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggest Gaming mistake for me was "UNREAL 2". Words can't describe my disappointment over this game. It was not even a pale shadow of Unreal 1.

Oh god!, you made me remember Unreal 2.. I regressed that.

I bought the first model EEE PC on the first day it was available. Later netbooks aren't too bad I gather but the original EEE is pretty limited in what it can do - tiny screen, crappy battery life and the OS that came on it was very poor. It has not gotten much use and I still havent onsold it. The keyboard has a bug where it will randomly repeat some letters which makes it very frustrating to use. I've tried a few different OS's on it but nothing really makes it worth the hassle.

I'm slightly tempted to say my pandora purchase as I'm still waiting for it 4 years later... I'm sure I'll be happy enough when it turns up though.

Yeah, same here. Linux version though and it was total rubbish, imo. <_<

Spending over AU $20,000 on Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameCube hardware, games and accessories. :(
do you actually regret it or do you more feel like it maybe wasnt the wisest way to spend money?

A little bit of both, tbh. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ What would you have spent it on instead, out of curiousity? Or would you have invested it, or put it into a savings account of some form?

Back