The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-apple-day-quote-away.png

Managed to force myself to walk outside in direct sunlight from 2:15 to 2:50 PM. Got kinda sweaty. So, when is all the magic sunlight happiness supposed to kick in?

Managed to force myself to walk outside in direct sunlight from 2:15 to 2:50 PM. Got kinda sweaty. So, when is all the magic sunlight happiness supposed to kick in?
Works faster with booze.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Same for me, unless it is too sunny as sitting in direct sun makes me very uncomfortable, sweaty, gasping for air and irritated. This triggers depression in me. So when you can actually feel the rays of the sun on your arms then I need to be careful. Needless to say, I hate the summer.

It feels like burning on my skin after a few minutes, so I prefer indirect sunlight (in the shade of trees, or covering my skin with cloth). I tend to burn quickly unless I already have a tan, so I limit direct exposure, although I still let it assault my eyes frequently.

@JDTAY LOL! Was it rainy? Because some people dance in the rain, others, just get wet (not mine, it's from a Dutch tile)

@Klumpen I was preserving myself officer! PS: Don't drink the worm in the tequila/Mezcal... it has high levels of alcohol.

Cool film.

The funny thing about cats is that while many of us simply see them as 'cute' they are really sadistic serial-killers, with the ability to manipulate the thoughts and feelings of their 'owners'.

Sleep well ;-)

I used to eat cheese a lot before going to bed when I was younger. My parents warned me not to do so as it would give me nightmares (a superstition around these parts). Actually, that was the reason I did exactly that.

Fun fact: it doesn't work.

My parents warned me not to do so as it would give me nightmares (a superstition around these parts).

Same here.

Also in other news Idoha has decided to change her name from Miku to Dahlia, because she's "Getting rid of who I'm not and embracing who I am".

Edit: Still not 100% remembering to call Idoha by her new name.

Last edited:
"Tron" is a really stupid movie, especially if you know how computer things works, it can be criticized for years... but it has something that makes it unique, its design/art and all the vision of that digital world... [...] that makes you want to forget for a moment how real things work just to appreciate the alternate reality you are immersing in...
Just in case :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArtisticLicense
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra
TRON has this poetic view at a time when most had no idea how computers work (and many still don't). It was a precursor for CGI, and ahead of its time when it comes to software IP and piracy (WarGames isn't bad either in that regard). Plus it had no bias regarding gamers and the IT crowd. It's one of my personal faves.
And while Tron Legacy hasn't much going for it, it's got quite the stylish take on the original's looks.

Tron came in in 1982, and I think the CGI scenes were done out of house by MAGI Syntha-vision. It was already an influence on design language by then. The Black Hole from 1979 had (I assume) a CGI introduction, and for me personally has a much more involving story and better acting all round. That's not to say that Tron wasn't a milestone when it came out - I think it's the first film I know of with solid vector graphics. But for me, the sci-fi film from 1982 will always be Blade Runner.

I was positively surpirised by Tron Legacy when I finally got round to watching it. While young Jeff Bridges was a cgi step too far, Michael Sheen camping it up to high heaven, and a decent enough soundtrack, combined with modern acting standards and some very pretty graphics make it a more enjoyable watch than the original to my modern eyes.

Tron came in in 1982, and I think the CGI scenes were done out of house by MAGI Syntha-vision. It was already an influence on design language by then. The Black Hole from 1979 had (I assume) a CGI introduction, and for me personally has a much more involving story and better acting all round. That's not to say that Tron wasn't a milestone when it came out - I think it's the first film I know of with solid vector graphics. But for me, the sci-fi film from 1982 will always be Blade Runner.

I was positively surpirised by Tron Legacy when I finally got round to watching it. While young Jeff Bridges was a cgi step too far, Michael Sheen camping it up to high heaven, and a decent enough soundtrack, combined with modern acting standards and some very pretty graphics make it a more enjoyable watch than the original to my modern eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back