The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Identity is a social construct. If you live all alone in the wilderness with no contact with the outside world, you can hardly have an identity.
Well, humans are social beings, if not other humans, they will flock to something else. For example: that boy that was raised by wolves and identifies as one. The monkey who's mom is a plastic toy. If the human identifies with void, it will create void by destroying everything with rage.
Post automatically merged:

That'd be the life for me, roaming through the woods hunting humans animals for food. :cool:
Aahh.. long pig, haven't had that in a while.

Cannibalism-Kiwifruit-Meme.jpg

Oh man, my sanity is about to be tested. Just had my evening meds, and the Klonopin wasn't in there. Even asked the staff to check, it wasn't in any of the night slots for the week.

Thing is, the staff that's really in charge of my meds only works five days a week, and this is their Thursday and Friday off. Won't be able to check what happened to my meds until Saturday, so I'll be missing Klonopin tomorrow too.

I mean, I think I'm still getting my morning Klonopin, but just going straight from 2mg a day to 1mg a day is even a bit dangerous. Stuff is addictive enough to make you black out when you miss it.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
So, my nerve conduction test finally got scheduled. Friday morning. And I gotta bring a mask, of course.

Wanna take bets on why my left foot's toes are going numb?

Hmm, just looked up the place it'll be at. They only told me the doctor's name and the road, but that should be enough to get the right place, right?

It's a spine pain and rehab center. Doesn't necessary mean the problem's my spine, but I guess that's what they think.

I am tall and fat after all, those are both precursors for spine issues.

So, continuing from what I was saying in the COVID-19 thread, I talked to a doctor about the numbness in my left foot, and they decided to schedule a nerve induction test.

Without even googling that, it sounds painful.
I hope it's not diabetes.

Identity is a social construct. If you live all alone in the wilderness with no contact with the outside world, you can hardly have an identity.
I think that's more because you need contrast in order to discriminate. If you're the only person then there's no other person to contrast yourself to. But that has nothing to do with it being a social construct; it works like tha for everything. E.g. if you would only have experienced 1 single temperature then the concept of temperature would also not exist for you.

Hey, um, if anyone's listening, I want to apologize for what I said in Discord earlier, but without actually getting back on Discord. I should just stay away for a while.

That's the thing about psych meds, sometimes they're with you, sometimes they're not. I think the body just has trouble keeping up with metabolizing everything.

Edit: Part of it could be my varying diet too. It's better to have food with your meds, but I've been running low on it lately, which is a regular pattern. At least I lose some weight while I'm going crazy.

Then I'll go for asymmetrical seat where you do not lift your left foot often enough because it supports your whole weight, for too many hours seated
I gotta admit, I do tend to put my left foot down more often than my right while I'm in my computer chair. Not sure whether to blame the guy who assembled it, or myself, for ordering one that needed assembly.

Not sure how to fix though. Chairs are pretty expensive. And the wooden ones at my kitchen table don't even support my weight. I cracked one of them at a lesser weight than what I am now.

Hey, um, if anyone's listening, I want to apologize for what I said in Discord earlier, but without actually getting back on Discord. I should just stay away for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll have been forgotten about by tomorrow. People these days have bigger things to worry about, like fighting over toilet paper, and trying to stop kids escaping from their basements and alerting the police.

I think even before seeing the doctor Friday, I'll order a new chair. Now that FBnil pointed out that I sit in it wrong, it's really bothering me. It would be funny if I did permanent damage to my foot or spine just by having a bad chair. Isn't that how life goes?

It reminds of a story I think I read back when I was on GameFAQs. A guy and his friends were on a small cliff above a lake, talking about how cool it would be to jump. He decided to go first. Turns out the lake was more shallow than they thought, and he jacked up his legs permanently. We make multiple bad decisions every day, but it kinda takes you by surprise when one destroys your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back