The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JDTAY Cymbalta dosnt sound good although i dotnt know what disease this is.. .. hope you get well soon

Im fine, although i make too many plans and watch too many streaming what means i dont have enough time to make something..

My newest plan is to take away some heat from my XBOX ONEX by put it on a small table under the roof window on my Living Room next to the TV.. , and maybe i will then also put my small HIFI there, ..
The HDMI Cable is long enough, so this may work out, but its needs some clear out there..

As the Summer seems to be finally over, im now wearing my Hat again, and it seems like it works good on the Rain..

Reactions: rSl
I’m not familiar with the circumstances but I just wondered whether you’d considered baking your own pizza instead of ordering in? Kneading the dough alone ought to earn you some of the calories, the whole process releases endorphins and making it yourself is usually much healthier than the ingredients Papa John’s etc. put in theirs! :)

I used to make pizza like that (my house is now gluten free). First, we create the dough in the Panasonic breadmaker. I experimented a lot with different dough type, unfortunately, white flour tastes the best for pizza, but adding a little bit of spelt and brown flower enriches the taste. I also learned that I need to put a huge amount of salt to get the same taste as bought pizza's (I use less salt that normal).
Then I put it in my Sharp double-grill combi-microwave. It has a special button for bought frozen pizza "express pizza" (just press that and wait, no other button required) and one where you can add the weight of the pizza for a longer cooking duration. The Sharp has a special mall (non sticky! Make sure to use a wooden spatula) to make pizza in, without the juice flowing into the apparatus (easy cleaning).
As pizza for me is "leftovers" it's a cheap way to eat. And with enough cheese, even the non-mixeable flavours become edible. And if slightly rotting and well washed, well, the microwaves make sure all bacteria are dead so it does not harm you. Of couse, fresh ingredients are always better, not not always at hand. And my pizza was often not flat, more like a small hill... more like an open calzone.

@JDTAY
But if you are lazy (and by that, I mean: if you don't want to do all that work before eating), the pre-pizza bottoms are so cheap, you can skip your own dough and just buy fresh ingredients. I could eat 2 pizza's and it is still cheaper than buying one (even if I picked it up myself).
My favourite? Ham, salami, artichoke hearts, black olives, paprika slices, zucchini slices, cheese (Jong Belegen - Dutch cheese makes everything better).
My weirdest? Potatoes, leftover fishcan with salami.

microwave.jpgbreadmaker.jpg

Last edited:
A good recipe that's a bit like vegan tomato pizza is Gazpacho (i.e. raw cold tomato soup). Here is a recipe that's very easy and quick to make. Personally I do it even easier, I just blend tomato's with cayenne pepper, salt, and parsley. But you can also add other spices, honey, leeks, etc. It's really flexible. The gazpacho is a bit addictive, though.

Last edited:
I may be imagining it, but has Lolla changed her icon? I can't find where everyone else reports the last seen date, so I'm wondering if she logged on for the first time in a few years just to update her icon.

@levi Just hover over the avatar to get the stats. People go into lurking mode wonder off, come back, or not that much at all (like _WB_ and so many others). The icon is the logo of her music/folk group.
With the login stats you can get hints of "mood" (but it would be invasive to do a query). A chitchatter that is quiet for a while. could be holidays, a big project (that absorbs all the recreational time) or depression (at least Null keeps us laughing a bit). And Zwerg01 too, that is - if you enjoy the subtle art of trolling; (s)he's a fabulous captain hindsight.

Last edited:
Ah right. Yes that works for you, but it seems Lolla's account is missing that information. I guess that means she didn't log on and change her avatar, and I'm just imagining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back