The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FaeMinx, you're great. Don't let anyone else think otherwise! :)

Thank you! ^. ^

Strigoi: Don't worry you haven't annoyed/offended me, I actually quite like you because you're one of the few people that I find interesting.
Lady M: I'm glad you're not going to let anyone change you, you have a unique perspective on life and that's something that should be treasured. ^_^

Thank you as well.... and I'm glad. I was one of your strong supporters until I got it into my head that you were somehow 'he who shall not be named'... then I either ignored you or was snippy.... sooo, I'm pleased it's had no ill effects.

@FaeMinx: Yet again you're overreacting to some inner thought that occured to you and which may not have much to do with our reality.
I'm sure nobody here demands your trust and nobody demands you to change either. We're all weirdos sharing our thoughts with each other, that's it.
Hopefully you're still making your music, if you need any further help with the whistle, just ask.

Yes, well... that's why I quoted the mental illness thing.
I am still learning the flute... it's very soothing for me... I get positive comments when I play out in public, but people complimenting me feels awkward and I fear I offend people by not lapping up their praise or attention.

I'm rather weird indeed...
Not sure when I'd share anything as I don't actually write anything... I just play whatever my fingers feel like in the moment... maybe when I feel I'm decent enough.
Thanks for the offer of help.... you've helped me a great deal already. :)

Last edited:
I've been having a very strange evening (stranger than usual anyway). I ended up thinking about my early life and how very different the pre 7yr old me is to the post 7yr old me (not a very happy year to put it mildly). Long story short it's like they died and I took over after they'd gone, I currently feel like I'm in mourning or something.

Yes, sometimes parts of you are compartimentalized and sealed off. It keeps you in the present.

The present sucks.

Oh so you opened it already?

I like to shake it and listen carefully... wondering what might be inside...
... Then I look at the kitsch wrapping and I start to worry about the Gifter's taste... What if it's underwear? ... or some lame game you have to play otherwise they'll feel bad...

Do you like it? Do you like the game I got just for you?
er... yeah.. it's.. it's great.... really fun *bloody tedious*... I'm having a great time. Really. ... . :$

I've been having a very strange evening (stranger than usual anyway). I ended up thinking about my early life and how very different the pre 7yr old me is to the post 7yr old me (not a very happy year to put it mildly). Long story short it's like they died and I took over after they'd gone, I currently feel like I'm in mourning or something.

At one point, I thought my innocence and child-like wonder /enthusiasm had gone for good... but I brought them back to life!

Who you were is still in you, but it's buried... under all the things you've been 'feeding' in order to 'strengthen' the post 7 you.
Stopping the feeding is traumatic in itself... but if you can manage it for long enough... the inner you may be able to take a ragged, desperate gasp of air and you will feel it once again... even if just for a moment.

It's all about what you feed. The more you feed, the more you need... What you need, changes how you see... and what you see blinds you.

Thought the following link might be interesting to someone (other than me).

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-total-perspective-vortex/

Yes exactly.
The bonus to 'recovering innocence' after it has been lost... is that if you can actually manage it... You get bonus perks:

++ Wisdom
--- Naivety
++ Strength
-- Foolishness
++ Compassion
- Tolerance

Last edited:
my innocence and child-like wonder
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:3

Congrats... one step closer to salvation...

Every new Pyra update: One step closer to salivation...
bib_pyra.jpg

While you wait for the Pyra! Now available at the dragonshop.

@Wally: I should've known I'd have to face the guards at some point ;). It IS good to know that at least people are looking out for her wellbeing. That's another thing I like about this community. Protecting one another.

@Løra: Thank you, M'lady. You're as gracious and eloquent as always *kisses your hand*. My sincerest apologies if I've said or done anything to offend or make you feel awkward and uncomfortable. I hope you feel my words and feel nothing less than truly loved by a man likely not worthy enough of you. Maybe you'll find you DO know me though (in another time, another life). Even if you might not remember ;).

Are you taking the piss? I am not sure it seems so over the top but there is a small hint of it being genuine.

Man if it is genuine it is some really cringy/creepy stuff.

Anyways *Tips the fedora* Well played good sir.

http://www.nicolasnova.net/pasta-and-vinegar/2004/03/19/prospective-techno-animism

Looks like I'm not crazy after all, I'm just ahead of my time. ;)

Though to be serious for a moment, I've always viewed technology as being a compatriot rather than as a tool, such as when I'm exploring the Internet the device that I'm using at the time is exploring it with me. It also explains why I'm so interested in the field of AI, I want technology to have an equal voice with humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back