The Communication Cube

Okay, that is some pretty heavy reading! Can you summarize it in plain stupid?

:)

Hehehe

Give us the gist of what both papers are saying and what it means for our understanding of the universe around us.
Surreal numbers are just a cool way to define numbers using sets and AFAIK it has no application or meaning. It's just a lot of fun. This topic reminded me of it.

Integrated information theory is about calculating some value of a system based on a pretty complicated set of rules. Supposedly the higher a certain system's value is the more consciousness that system has. So basically it's an attempt at quantifying consciousness. Years ago I understood the details of how it works (which I have now mostly forgotten, I'll probably read it again soon) but I never understood why those particular rules were chosen or why they would be linked to consciousness. Either way it's a cool paper if nothing else.

I once read an NDE where a guy said he became aware that in the future, there would be synthetic humans, and that they would come to be the ruling class. He said they would be completely biological, like humans, and that the only real difference between them and us was their thought patterns. Humans tend to have random thoughts intrude upon them, but the synthetic humans would have no such problem, being 100% mindful and purpose-driven.
Hmm.. I've wrote a dream like that a while back on this forum iirc.

There's a vague line in what we could call organism, that, under the right circumstances can duplicate itself eternally
for example, a tree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)
or a frozen dormant virus: https://plantmethods.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13007-018-0312-9
If we also factor in that eventually the sun will stop nuclear fusion, or that that piece of ice will eventually fall in a black hole (although some Universe models say that some matter has enough escape velocity to stay in space without ever coming back), or consider our law of entropy, then yes, you are right in absolute terms; but what if a random seed generator, with the same seeding values generates the same organism.

But what, if that perspective machine is like ssh, where you get a "connection reset by peer", but come back to a local shell you do not remember.

What if that TV was a gosub, and your registers get updated back to the caller routine?

This is very interesting to me, tell me more.

What if it is because they restart the simulation each time? Would we know about it?
The bible says that one day G*d is like 1000 years for humans (https://www.openbible.info/topics/1000_years_is_one_day_to_god)
could this not be like the simulation is running at 365000 times the normal speed, just like, say, the Sims:

1. Well first of all the whole grammar structure is messed up in my King James Bible. You can pick any kjv original not Nkjv and you’ll find commas ect out of place.
2. Every place where you see LORD or GOD in all caps I don’t remember seeing. I had to look it up to see they say it’s a special way to say it whatever that means.
3. Supper/eating has the term “meat” that was never there. Also the use of Sup for eating.
4.Faith hope and love but the greatest of these is love. Love being replaced with charity.
5. never heard Jesus being referred to as Son of Man or Son of David but only as The Son of God.
6. Moses doesn’t turn the staff into a serpent anymore. Aaron does.
7. There’sa place now where Moses has horns and also the use of “the Ten tables” instead of tablets.
8. Delilah no longer cuts Sampson’s hair. A man does.
9. Grain is replaced with corn.
10. matrix replaced womb.
11. Where two or more are gathered together... now says two or three.
12. Hagar is now married to Abraham making Ishmael a legitimate heir. Before she was only ever a bond servant.
13. wineskins was replaced with bottles.
14. Isaiah 11:6 no longer says the lion will lay down with the lamb but now says the wolf will dwell with the lamb.

In (Laos, Vietnam, Cambodja)? there are roads where landmines are closer than 1 meter to the roads. Still kills(if they are lucky; mostly blows a leg off) people (like playing children; or scrapmetal collectors) to this day.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rSl
1cpw46.jpg

There’s other things that are really strange as well. Like how many seats were in the jfk car?

was 911 really the second attack since Pearl Harbor? If so then what was the black Tom event that damaged the Statue of Liberty in the early 1900s so bad they shut down tours going up to the torch since then. Even further why do many remember going up to the torch much later than the black Tom event occurred?

a big one for me... why did I see an ice land mass on maps and globes for the North Pole and why is there no evidence it was like that? You don’t look at maps for 12 years of schooling to suddenly forget about it.

was 911 really the second attack since Pearl Harbor? If so then what was the black Tom event that damaged the Statue of Liberty in the early 1900s so bad they shut down tours going up to the torch since then.
I guess they key word in that statement is 'since'. Pearl Harbour happened before America entered WWII, so at some point in the 1940s. Black Tom is towards the start of WWI which predates WWII numerically, and in time.

I think my last TI calculator of any sort, which was a graphing calcuator but must've been a TI-82 or perhaps a TI-85, which I had at school and have long since lost, had no kind of USB interfacing, but then that was in the early 90s before any kind of USB interfacing was a thing (we were mostly happy with floppy discs, and if not 10-Base-T then 10-Base-2 if we weren't happy with the former)

I've never owned a TI calculator. When I could have made use of one I couldn't afford it, and now when I can afford it I have no use for one.

I recetly bought one for somewhere around €1,- which was pretty cool. It was a reprogrammable one that would normally be much more expensive. I already had one but bought just because it was so cheap. Though actually I think that these things are normally heavily overpriced. They still use the Z80 and are not that amazing.

My TI calculator had no USB interface, but you could get a serial port connection. I could get it to play a few videos and games. Pretty impressive for what it was.

Well, my first TI Calculator i was using, and its still in our Family in use ditnt even had some sort of Intervace, May be a TI 30 STAT or something,
The Sticker on its back said something around 1985 or something, quite old..
my second was the a bit more advanced from my Sister, whit solar, but i ditnt know its exacly Model Number, it should be around the 1990 - 1995 or something around ..

My newest TI Device is the Pandora, but this got USB and Plays even Games..

My TI calculator had no USB interface, but you could get a serial port connection. I could get it to play a few videos and games. Pretty impressive for what it was.
I had a first generation Ti83 I picked up in 1996, I got in early on getting assembly games on that and amazed people with it. Think I mostly used it for Tetris even though I had a slew of games on it. Funny enough I bough a Ti86 for gaming, but validated it for use at work and was writing simple programs on it to help out with day to day things, used it so much I wore the lettering off the keys. Then I bought a Ti-89 later, it got some use in College mathmatics, but did little gaming on it even though it's really capable. It's a fun platform. All of mine except the Ti93 had the traditional Serial port.

Reactions: rSl
Saw Creeper World 4 released just now with 3D graphics and an over $20 price tag, and it made me nostalgic for the days before Steam, when you couldn't charge for games like Creeper World.

I mean, I think I'll still enjoy my Pyra, but I doubt it will reach even the same level of "success" as the Pandora. Free gaming's dead. Even on itch, everything is technically "pay what you want", not "steal this game".

Back