The Communication Cube

@kuru Sorry to hear that. Why not lower the volume? Or either get bigger speakers or a smaller amplifier. Hm... or open the windows. It's cold enough outside to cool down your speakers.
Also consider a small fan after you made the holes to keep the air flowing. (those 5 euro ones, pointed at the speaker)

@kuru Sorry to hear that. Why not lower the volume? Or either get bigger speakers or a smaller amplifier. Hm... or open the windows. It's cold enough outside to cool down your speakers.
Also consider a small fan after you made the holes to keep the air flowing. (those 5 euro ones, pointed at the speaker)

No worries, I still have 6 or so. It's amazing fun sticking them to all kinds of surfaces. There's a good few hours spent in childlike wonder in these things. As you suggested I am planning to buy 5 W models, they should have plenty of headroom and come with pre-cut vents. Ambient has been low enough, I've spent 3 hours riding in the cold with those things mounted on the helmet while they still slowly died.

Am I thinking correct - a higher impedance speaker will convert more of the power into heat than into movement. So 8 Ω will have to deal with "twice" the heat compared to a 4 Ω speaker? IF heat is what harmed mine, a lower impedance 3 W 4 Ω might survive. But if the sheer mechanical force damaged them the 4 Ω one would die even earlier.

I've never heard of the idea of pumping air into a speaker allowing it more space to move, indeed the only thing I think it would do is push the speaker cone forwards, which will result in a form of distortion (of which clipping is indeed a from, and indeed this should cause clipping in one peak more than the other, but I suspect that would just sound like clipping). But yeah, lowering the voltage would probably be the best idea. You can damage the cone in a badly manufactured speaker, or you could burn out the coil, but that would probably take 100V or more to make happen, which could only happen if you amplifier went very wrong.

But yeah, if you're source file has clipping built in, I don't know what else you'd expect to hear.

I've never heard of the idea of pumping air into a speaker allowing it more space to move
Me neither. It's not for more space, it helps in cooling the coil (see second link). But fans, even when effective in moving hotness away, make noise, so you don't want that in speakers, so we use ferrofluid (jup, similar to liquid cooling for the PC's, but with more nifty properties, see first link)

Here's how it looks like:

it's not blinker-fluid ;)

Last edited:
I don't know the term exciter. Do you mean tweeter or something else?
Exciters are speakers without a membrane, but have means of attaching them to a surface. E.g. a sticky pad or screw mount.
A kiosk secured against vandalism would have those stuck to the larger panels to produce sound. Some modern TVs have them attached to the back of the display to present a slim and clean, unvented front.
There is a commercial product which, I assume, works like what I've come up with - a BT audio receiver with an amp and exciters that sticks to the back of a motorcycle helmet. It's around 300 bucks. I'd rather spend those on a 3d printer and make my own case.

Last edited:
Just saying it's an exciter not a regular speaker, in case that changes views.
Not really... It's just a tweeter without a box...

For example the Cyrus Icon X4 is an electromagnetic low mass exciters employing ferrofluid damping are mounted onto a precision die-cast chassis incorporating dual heatsinks. So all the above apply, even the use of thermalpaste and a cpu fan/heatsink, depending on the backside of the exiter. But you can use a thin sheet of copper in between as a heatsink... and once outside of under that cone, use blades/fins or folds, a bit like this (note that the certificate of that website is wrong, but it shows)

Last edited:
When the Pandora was out, i used it quite often to play a lot of games, even whit its old style 3,5 mm Audio Jack where you need a old style inbetween cable so the sound wasnt off..
Whit the Pyra, i ditnt play that much the last year, and its got proper Bluetooth that even works whit the Airpods Max, , and Duckstation whit Cheat Features..,..

Seems like i have to play much more Pyra this Year..

I agree about tracking phones that have been turned off (great real-life example here: https://nitter.42l.fr/tomiahonen/status/1453797787452297225 )

The clock battery is unlikely to be able to power the GPS and antenna. At best, it might be able to send signals on a relatively short range (using passive power as with RFID, or something like Apple Airtags) but that requires a mesh network to pick it up (which, admittedly, isn't something difficult for a nation-state actor).
A manufacturer can put a more powerful battery in there but so far I don't remember any examples of this (and it'll be more efficient to just go with the main battery and just have the phone do this when turned off).

Then there's this too:
I'm quite skeptical of how this can be applied in real-life with an acceptable success rate. Some experimentation would have been nice.

I decided today to change something on my own: After my Glasses got some steaming again this morning because of the Mask and the Cap, im now refusing to where the Glasses over the Day, expect when i drive whit my Fiat Doblo ^^ I see fine whitout, but i have a Note in my Driving Licence that state i need Glasses at Driving..

My Post whit the WW2 German UFO was just a Joke, the Reichsflugscheibe is just a Conspiration Theory, and a REVEL Model Building Set..

I wrote they had quite Impresive Airplanes made, the first Jet Drive Planes etc, but not an UFO..

My Post whit the WW2 German UFO was just a Joke,
I don't believe you. I think you posted the truth the first time, and now you are doing damage control by denying it
You probably have a fliegende pfannekuchen, an old Haunebu III inherited from your grandfather.
If you were a city kid, then there is no way you could hide it. But you are outside of the city, enough space to hide it in a barn. Put bee hives around it to deter intruders that want to look.
So... do you live in a rural area, and do you keep bees? Is your moog green (just like your Haunebu III)?

And the enigma part... sure, Arduino Nano with USB connector.. coincidentally also German made...

Post automatically merged:

i need Glasses at Driving..
Polish people also drink some glasses before driving.
Russians don't use glasses, they use the bottle.

Last edited:
So, it now appears Russia is invading all of Ukraine and not just Donbas. I hear the US is preparing some fresh sanctions for the daytime today.
I created a dedicated thread, as I expect that there will be a lot of news (just like Covid):

Back