The Even More Incredible Machine On Xp

Drag

Website
drag.wootest.net
Well, assuming PC counts as a console... :p

I have the windows version of The Even More Incredible Machine. I enjoyed the puzzles from it, and completed the puzzles in v3.0, but I remember I never had the opportunity to complete the puzzles in TEMIM, so I decided to install it (with XP), to get nostolgia and to complete those puzzles.

It works, but there's a problem with the graphics...
Any graphics that use transparency will be drawn wrong. Only the black pixels of the graphic actually show up. All other graphics that do not use transparency will appear correctly. This is a major problem as the menu shows up all black, so you can't read the puzzle goal. Not to mention the nostolgia is somewhat broken when half of the parts in the machine show up as just black outlines / invisible.

So that's the backstory, here's the question:
What, in the graphics routines, could have been changed in XP, from 9x, in order to break the graphics with transparencies?

(On an unrelated note, I've figured out the resource file format the game uses, and am able to extract sounds, levels, and graphics (since I located the game palette) from it. :D )

Also, is there a better forum that this thread could've gone in?

I also have TIM and TEMIM, but I've never run TEMIM on XP. With TIM, however, I have to run it in Windows 95 compatibility mode and with 256 colours to get it to run properly (Properties>Compatibility). If you haven't tried that already, try it.
The Incredible Machine rules, we need a GP32 version!

Well I enabled 256 color mode in the compatibility tab, and I also enabled windows 95 compatibility. It still won't display properly. I'll really be sad if I find out it's my video card. :(

And I agree, we need a gp32 version. :p I can extract every single graphic, sound, level, and song from the game. I'm actually thinking of maybe doing this after I'm done with roboll, or maybe along side roboll. :p

Oh, lemme upload a screenshot of what the graphics problem looks like.

Edit:
http://drag.wootest.net/temim_xp1.png
http://drag.wootest.net/temim_xp2.png

the first one has a messy palette because I forgot to switch mspaint into 24-bit mode.

I can't play like that. :( I know the graphics themselves got installed correctly.

My Temim Windows version works fine on my XP, so I don`t know what could be causing your problems...

Back