The Gigantic Star Trek thread

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
@matzesu mentioned he is starting to watch Star Trek. So as not to pollute other threads with ST stuff we can keep discussion of it here.

Please use spoiler tags as appropriate to prevent ruining things for those new to the series, or those that are behind.
Post automatically merged:

A great reference for all things Trek

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
The new Star Treck series looks really good.
I love the laser swords.

Just a warning; I've found a spoiler that affects UK viewers of Discovery S1 which is currently showing on terrestrial tv in that wiki link.
I think all spoilers are there. Last time I looked up an article there I think it had all info on the topic in the clear, including obscure background details.

Nice, but wouldnt "Galactic" a better therm for a Startrek Thread ??

Yesterday, i finished the first Picard Episode, was pretty good, he and Comander Ryker were cool, althoug this Q Guy was a bit whyrd..
Now im on the second Kirk Episode, but ditnt had that many time to see the whole Episode..

There is The Next Generation, and then there is Picard, which just started. You might confuse people by calling TNG Picard.

Oh, and gigantic is because I hope others get in on this and it becomes a big thread.

I'm a huge Trekky...

375x250.jpg

In which timeline is Picard located?
the one, Spok with his red matter disppeared from
?

I meant TNG from the mid 90thes, not the new Picard Series..

Well, the Old Serie is quite entertaining, as Kirk and his Crew dit this pretty cool, not that professional like Picard dit..

All other captains are more professional than Kirk, except maybe in Discovery, which I have only seen the first season of.

@Djoga'Ro that would make the most sense, because TNG and Voyager happened, and they kinda want fans to be happy.

Maybe they should start labeleing their material with "Milkyway#1", "Milkyway#2" etc. Similar to what DC Comics does. :)

Amongst fans there are names for different timelines/universes. So far I think only the reboot movies take place in that particular one. Most stuff is in the main universe.
Mirror universe stuff has close ties to the main universe, eventually, but is mostly over there. I think in one episode Beverly crusher got stuck in like a pocket universe.

I meant TNG from the mid 90thes, not the new Picard Series..

Well, the Old Serie is quite entertaining, as Kirk and his Crew dit this pretty cool, not that professional like Picard dit..
Ah okay, so you're watching TNG from the 90s and TOS from the 60s then. Yes Q is meant to be quite weird.

i tried to get into some of the old ones, but i couldn't commit (they were a bit campy and oddly moralistic). i think TNG.

the new one (at least the first episode) is free on Youtube for a bit (not sure if it works in every country):

it was ok :)

i tried to get into some of the old ones, but i couldn't commit (they were a bit campy and oddly moralistic). i think TNG.

the new one (at least the first episode) is free on Youtube for a bit (not sure if it works in every country):

it was ok :)
Doesn't work in the UK, before anyone else from here tries it out.

Yeah, TNG especially coming from the 90s always has to have a moral ending, plus odd vintage issues. I'm currently watching Discovery which takes a very modern take on morality in general, I find, but that is only a few years old now. Even ST:Enterprise was only just not a 90s TV show it turns out.

Im now at the Episode of the Old Enterprise where they get all mad because a disease from a Dying Planet, and Sulu atacks peaple whit a Rapier ^^
I allready whatched the TNG Episode where they meantioned this as they also became this disease.., maybe i should had watched the old Enterprise first, because now i saw the Old after the New..,
Booth where pretty entertaining..

One Thing is Strange: On Netflix, the Old Enterprise got a Rating of "16 +" and TNG got a "12 +" Rating..

I wonder why there is now Vulcanian on the New Crew..

Back