The Green Light?

gibberish

perhaps someone can post here when the cases have been thumbsed upped.
or perhaps they already have? i guess its too soon for that, he couldnt have had them for longer than an hour or 2?

craigix said:
You will have to wait until tomorrow.
what does "You get a sort of oily effect on small runs. But it does not effect the actual structure of the parts or the feel of them. The MP run will be a matte finish" mean?
is that good or bad? another 2 months? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Screeny said:
craigix said:
what does "You get a sort of oily effect on small runs. But it does not effect the actual structure of the parts or the feel of them. The MP run will be a matte finish" mean?
They have to a final "finishing" procedure on the cases to give them the intended matte look. They haven't done it for the test parts; it's probably not worth doing in small volume.

So Craig, what is the new schedule looking like? Are the first 1000 cases still due to arrive by this weekend? Is everything still looking good for before Christmas on the first 1000 Pandora's? Any chance for a full & complete official blog update? Thanks Again!

Jumpman

Gruso said:
Screeny said:
craigix said:
They have to a final "finishing" procedure on the cases to give them the intended matte look. They haven't done it for the test parts; it's probably not worth doing in small volume.
Lets hope thr factory wont forget that finish. It worries me that we have not seen any finished look/photo yet. Maby craig should remind the factory, just in case :)

borgqueenx said:
Gruso said:
Screeny said:
craigix said:
Lets hope thr factory wont forget that finish. It worries me that we have not seen any finished look/photo yet. Maby craig should remind the factory, just in case :)
Are you serious? :D

borgqueenx said:
If he says anything about the finish, they'll misinterpret him and think he doesn't want it anymore. It's a lose-lose situation :(

edit: I mean "the way our luck has been going" in a joking sort of way, of course.

GunPei2X said:
New photo is up - lid assembled.

Thanks to MWeston for giving a running photo-update!

+1 Thanks Mweston for keeping me up when I have to work! (I'm a very immature adult)

PLEASE TELL ME SILKSCREEN WONT ADD MORE DELAYS!

srry for yelling, but sometimes doing that you atract more attention

DroneB Dev said:

Heh? Why should it? The silkscreen has been finished a while ago...?

Last edited:
DroneB Dev said:

I'll take mine without if it will. Silkscreening doesn't matter that much to me anyway. If it's just a few days or a week then I can wait. Not that I have any say in the matter.

EvilDragon said:
DroneB Dev said:

why the "...?" have the OP Team already deployed printing tests?
i believe its impossible until we get the final matte case.
then we will see if the SilkScreen will do the job
(see yelling does solve things sometimes)

EvilDragon said:
DroneB Dev said:

I guess he's not referring to the already finished design, he means more something like "the production process needs to be tested first..."

gloom said:
EvilDragon said:
DroneB Dev said:

I guess he's not referring to the already finished design, he means more something like "the production process needs to be tested first..."

For a silkscreen? No, not at all.

Last edited:
Back